“The ribs are the best I've ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rib House

The Rib House
Ranked #42 of 276 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Longmont, Colorado
“The ribs are the best I've ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have been to this place many times with my wife or with business associates. If you like smoked BBQ ribs Kansas City style, you will love this place! My wife and I ate here for the first time just after Merry Ann and Tracy opened it, and had to go up and tell them that we had lived in KC and had never had ribs that fell off the bone like that and tasted so good. They told us they had grown up in KC and opened the place because they couldn't find the kind of BBQ they loved. They have different sauces you can put on the ribs, from mild to really hot. They have a lot of other stuff on the menu as well, but I see no reason to order anything but Tracy's Illegal Ribs. I've been told the brisket is really good but the chicken can be dry at times. The sides are very good as well. My wife and I favor the chipotle potato salad and the spicy bit BBQ beans. It can be noisy in the main dining room, and it is not a sit-down and order restaurant, but after you have the ribs you won't care about that.

• Visited October 2013

Brighton, Colorado
“Store bought deli ham”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I decided to try the rib house on a friend's advice. We were horribly disappointed. The lady at the counter was very short with us; as if we were annoying her because we didn't know what we wanted right away. When we wanted a small sample of the burnt ends but they said they couldn't as they were already 'weighed out'. We asked to purchase them as a side but they refused saying they had to come with the sides because they didn't know how to separate it out on the register.

We waited nearly a half an hour to get our food and 4 of the 5 of us were very disappointed. I had the three meat sampler. The brisket and pulled pork were decent. The "smoked ham" as they called it was literally deli ham from a plastic container at the grocery store. You could tell it was pre-sliced and store bought like the kind you put on sandwiches at home.

The sides were okay quality but were very very small. We asked for a few extra pickle slices and were told it was extra. We asked for another cup of BBQ sauce and were told it was extra too.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Mark C
Platte City, Missouri
“DELICIOUSNESS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Took a road trip to Colorado with my girls and decided to try the BBQ. We're from Kansas City so anytime we go somewhere we like to try the area BBQ just to see if it can possibly match up. We ordered a half slab and one of the samplers. The ribs were AMAZING! The meat fell off the bone and melts in your mouth! The brisket and smoked ham were also amazingly delicious. For our sides we had the BBQ beans and cheesy corn bake which were also delicious. I would definitely say that the BBQ matches Kansas City BBQ and would definitely recommend going to The Rib House if you are in the Longmont, CO area.

• Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent ribs. Average Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I read a lot of reviews before heading to the The Rib House with the family. Have no issue with ordering at the counter and the fact that you can order wine and local beer is a plus. Thought the ribs were/are excellent but the service can be painfully slow (been there 3 times now). Good for families and easy to park. One thing that does concern me though is that this is the first restaurant I have been to here in the US who dont share tips with the staff - so if you tip, it goes to the owners. I think this is ridiculous. There is even a small sign stating that any tips go towards funding the benefits for employees. I hope that they are well paid then. Sort of goes against the grain of the entire hospitality industry if you ask me and to be honest, puts me off going again. The last time I went, I didnt tip at all.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank eightblack
Longmont, Colorado
“Great food, poor system”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

For our first visit took Dad to The Rib House for Father's Day. Got our orders in after seating our parents. Placed order at the counter to the cashier in training, on Father's Day? Really? We finally got or food after an extended wait. The ribs were awesome!!!! The brisket was dry. The potato salad and spicy beans and mashed potatoes were also good. We then had to go back to the counter and stand in line cause we wanted more sides and deserts. That's a little crazy. Then we waited forever for the deserts, got one then had to ask four times for them to bring the rest of our deserts. They were so disorganized nobody could figure out who was suppose to do what. Bottom line..... Get he ribs to go!

• Visited June 2013