“Skimpy toppings”

Cuisines: Pizza
Berthoud, Colorado
“Skimpy toppings”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We pre-ordered two large pizzas for pick-up. This was my first (and last) time visiting this place. While the crust was good, (thin, but that's my preference), and the seasoning was spot-on, the toppings were downright skimpy. This is made even worse by the fact that their website boasts that you shouldn't have to order double toppings to get a decent pizza. Well, considering that on an 18" pizza there were about 3 bite-size pieces of sausage on a slice, you'd have to triple order toppings to get a decent amount. The other toppings we ordered were onions and garlic, and they were hard to find at all. The sausage was actually quite tasty, when you happened upon a piece of it.

I wouldn't mind spending over $30 for two, two topping 18" pizzas, if the toppings were generous. Unfortunately these were not, so it feels like a rip-off. I actually asked a friend of mine about this place after my negative experience. She said that they are very inconsistent--sometimes it's good; sometimes not. IMHO that's a management issue, but I'm not willing to spend this kind of $$ again, on the off-chance that I might hit them on a good day!

• Visited December 2011