“Don't miss this brewery!”

Oskar Blues Tasty Weasel Tap Room
Ranked #1 of 6 Nightlife in Longmont
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is our local brewery and one of our favorite places Longmont! They have your traditional Oskar Blues beers and a few that are only available at the taproom, so you can feel special getting to try those. This is a dog friendly brewery so feel free to bring your well-mannered dog along. Our dog has been here dozens of times and he loves the peanuts he can find lying
around. The staff is super friendly and it is full of locals. They due offer tours, but we have yet to be on one since we always bring our dog. It is important to note that they close early, I believe it is 8pm, because they are close to a neighborhood that doesn't appreciate their late night noise. If you are visiting from out of town I highly suggest stopping by the Weasel!!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 21 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We love Dale's Pale Ale, so naturally headed to this brewery to try it first hand. Not disappointed by any means. Did not do tour, but had a seat at the bar/also plenty of tables too, and started our tastings. Employees glad to tell you about beer and noticed many locals enjoying happy hour. Food truck available outside, which you can bring inside to eat. It was a chilly day, but I bet when the weather is nice the big garage door open and the atmosphere can be pretty cool. Great stop for us!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The muffuletta sandwich is delicious and big enough to share. Be careful of the jambalaya it was a little too spicy for my taste. We sampled 3 desserts, salty caramel vanilla cake, rootbeer float and banana pudding with "nilla" wafers. Definitely worth saving room for any of these!

1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Unfortunately it had to be a rather short stop due to our time needed on that road that day to keep on our schedule and I was unable to make it to one of the tours. I am from quite a bit away from the Tasty Weasel, but as soon as my family decided to take a two-week tour out west, I was very insistant on taking the north route through Colorado there or back and stopping at the Tasty Weasel. I probably added about an hour on to our trip that day, but it was one of the best, if not the best, hours of the entire two weeks.

Up till then I had only tried their Dale's Pale Ale and Mama's Little Yella Pils. I enjoyed every single one, but with all the great choices I ended up buying two growlers (Ten FIDY and Ol' Chub). The bartender was wondering how I knew about Oskar Blues since they were not in Ohio at that point, but fortunately I traveled frequently to Pennsylvania which offered it. Now Oskar Blues is in Ohio and I can get me a sixer of Ol' Chub whenever I want. Great place with great beers and friendly staff.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The taproom is a rustic industrial garage layout, with a long bar forward of the brewing/canning/kegging facility. There are plenty of seating, plenty of quality microbrews on tap, and plenty of free shelled peanuts to go with the beer. They offer a 45-minute tour of their facility, telling the story of the beer-making and canning/kegging process. There is a limited number of people that can go on the tour at once and I believe that it's only offered once per day Monday-Thursday and three times per day Friday-Sunday. The tour becomes quite popular on weekends, so make sure that you don't procrastinate too much and get there in the early afternoon. The facility tour ends with a free 4 ounce taster of your choice. If you're a lover of dark microbrews, I'd recommend the Tenfidy Imperial Stout. If you're not a big high-alcohol microbrew fan, you may be out-of-luck because most of their brews are between 5.3% and 10.5% alcohol by volume. If you're ever in Longmont, you owe it to yourself to go to the Tasty Weasel Tap Room.