“Hip and friendly spot to eat!”
Review of Comida

Comida
Reserve with OpenTable
Comida is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 282 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 100 Year Party Court
Description: New in prospect section of Longmont
Colorado
“Hip and friendly spot to eat!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Comida is an upscale taqueria with an imaginative menu, and a hip, fun ambiance. Good happy hour, though the margs could be a bit larger. Nice to have an actual taqueria in Longmont! Saves the drive to Denver or Boulder!

Boulder, Colorado
“Customer Service not very important here.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We visited last evening and were surprised by the poor service from the hostess. @ of our party of 4 arrived early in hopes of getting a good table. Even though they weren't busy, we were told we couldn't be seated until all 4 in the party arrived. OK. After 10 minutes, we asked if they took reservations, to which the hostess replied yes. We asked to reserve a table for 4 at 6:30, outside. She looked at her watch, noted it was 6 PM and relied they don't take reservations after 6!! REALLY? Was she trying to lose our business?? She then proceeded to seat a party of 2 outside at a table for 4...REALLY? Once we all arrived, we were seated inside, as there were no longer any outside tables, and enjoyed our meal. The house margarita is truly lacking any smoothness, totally tart, but the coin margarita was better. The wine was mediocre. The food was good, although I contend they must make a killing serving it up almost entirely a la carte; and it seems ridiculous to have a small bit of paper to write up your own order. While the wait service was OK (took a long time to get our drinks, get our order picked up and the waiter kept confusing our order with another table), I have to rate the service as poor, due to the lousy attitude of the hostess. I have been here before and, while the food is good, I am not sure the entire experience is worth the trip.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank kimmerb
USA
“Tiny margaritas”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Certain things should be memorable from a first experience at a restaurant. The food, service, atmosphere, etc. While all of these were good, my take away from Comidas were their tiny margaritas! Easily one of the smallest I've ever ordered. Also, what kind of Mexican restaurant won't do blended margaritas??

The experience is unique; you order on a sheet (similar to getting sushi) and the food is brought out family style. While a fun, one-time experience, I could not see myself returning anytime soon.

• Visited May 2013
“Best Happy Hour in longmont”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I love the watermelon jalapeno margaritas at Comida! Don't miss out on happy hour here! I love the hotdogs with queso and I do not even like hot dogs. I have never had anything here that I didn't love. A must

Miami, Fl
“Hip ambiance and tasty food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was different, fresh and tasty. We had an assortment of mini tacos, quesadillas, chips and guacamole. The ambiance was very nice and the restaurant has a hip feel to it. I would recommend this place if you are open to try non-traditional Mexican cuisine. They blend different flavors you never imagined. Oh and the flan is phenomenal!

• Visited April 2013