“Very nice”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Channahon, Illinois
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed in April for a business trip. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. Clean rooms, excellent service, and a top notch friendly staff. The down side was no free breakfast, but the service and staff friendliness made up for that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder Longmont, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Good Morning Bdaniels - Thank you very much for your kind words. Your high opinion of our hotels is greatly appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Longmont.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My initial contact with them should have tipped me off. I asked for a refrigerator in my room for medical reasons and you would have thought I asked them to build me a room for my arrival. Even at check in they didn't know if had actually been delivered (it had). I gave them two more chances during my stay to excel. The first was to find and schedule a personal training session for me the following day. Instead, I got a list of gyms. Then I asked them to see if they could get the government rate for my next Courtyard reservation which follows this one. I was told to call my next hotel or go on line and see if I could change the reservation. I think this Courtyard can do away with the front desk. There's really no need. Simply put in a self-checkin system that spits out your key and go to your room. Service is lost on this staff.

Now on to the new design with the "grill" in the lobby with very poor ventilation. The only thing you smell when you arrive is grease from the fries, burgers, eggs, hash browns, etc. While it points to sales of food, it's just disgusting. Improve the ventilation or do away with the fried food. Seriously, there's 12 fast food restaurants outside your doors. Serve healthy only, perhaps, and you'll get rid of the horrible smell.

The gym is simply dumbbells, two treadmills and an elliptical machine in the size of a normal hotel room. Tight. The pool looks good and is really underutilized.

Room Tip: not all rooms have a balcony. ask for the room you want.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder Longmont, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Jackson DC:

I would like to respond to your review of my hotel by saying that I am very puzzled. I wish you had taken the time while you where here to speak with me personally about any perceived service failures during your stay. Instead I am left to defend the actions of my hotel so other readers might have a clearer picture of what they should expect during their stays.

First, I spoke with my manager who checked you in. Kelly informed you that she had just put the refrgerator in your room and that it was cooling down. Second, your issue about the personal trainer is simply a matter of safety. If a person is not employed and vetted by our hotel we will not recommend them. Trainers and babysitters are very personal and we will always give you information but the choice is remains up to the guest. And finally, we are not able to change rates or do anything at any hotel but our own. We will gladly dial the hotel directly for you and give you the phone but we simply do not have the means through our computers to change your reservations elsewhere.

As a final note to you Mr. Jackson and all those who read this reply - should you feel that there is something off about your stay please take the step to speak with the GM before you leave the property. It is our goal to make sure every guest enjoys their stay and there might be something we can do to find a solution. When I find out through a posting though I am limited to simply responding and letting the readers decide. Since that is the case here, please read our history and what others have to say. Thank you.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My experience has been that Marriott Courtyard hotels worldwide generally follow a given template in terms of layout, facilities, etc. However they are not all the same. This one is differentiated by the VERY friendly staff, cleanliness throughout (room, gym, cafeteria), etc. Definitely a convenient pleasant location for a business trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder Longmont, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
What a wonderful review. It is our goal to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel among our competitors. Based on your terling review I would say that we are hitting that mark. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them on to the team during our daily meeting today. We certaninly hope your travels bring you back to Longmont and we get the pleasure of having you stay with us once again.
SUNDERLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks on business hotelL staff could not have been more freindly. The hotel is clean and welcoming and in a great location for resturants and bars. The view from my room was stunning. I will recomened to all visiting Longmont and hope to return soon.
MARRIOTT THANKS AGAIN

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder Longmont, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Good Morning BigNed: I just wanted to let you know what a pleasure it was to host you at the Courtyard during your most recent stay. The team is very thankful for your excellent review. I truly hope we get the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel have all achieved "excellent customer service" status. They are friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, and I had a view of the Front Range Rockies. I loved the pillows, they were perfect!
Light meals were available in the lobby area. They were good but slightly pricey. I discovered on the last morning there that there was free coffee available, so I could have saved money by drinking it instead of paying for it at the cafe. I wish someone had told me. This did not detract from an otherwise good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder Longmont, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Good Morning JGK - Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always a pleasure for me to read such a glowing rieview about my associates. They are truly the heart and soul of this operation and without them this hotel would be like just any other hotel. But, with my dedicated team I feel that we offer our guests that little something extra that will leave you with a positive feeling about your experience with us. Than you for acknowledging that and sharing it with other tripadvisor guest. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Longmont.
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a very standard Courtyard with one of the newer/remodeled lobbies but what makes this location is the staff. From the front desk staff to the restaurant staff -- all are genuinely nice and helpful. As an added bonus, they even remove the snow for your car in the morning! In all the years I have traveled --this is a first and the reason I continue to book rooms there. The nice thing about courtyards is that you know exactly what you are getting the layout of the rooms is consistent— it is clean, quiet and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder Longmont, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good Morning Karen88 - Thank you for starting my day off with a smile. I really appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your recent stay with us at the Courtyard. It is always nice one someone points out the efforts of our team. My associates work hard to make sure our guests stays are problem free so it is gratifying when they get Kudos. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Longmont. Sincerely, Jeff.
Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was one of my better experiences with a Courtyard property. The hotel is nice and seems to be fairly new. While I was there, it snowed. I was very pleasantly surprised when I walked out to my rental car to find a young man from the hotel staff brushing off all the cars in the parking lot. THAT is great customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder Longmont, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Good Morning Coffeetalk2 - Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I love when guests let other travelers know about their positive serive experiences. The staff here works hard to make sure that every travelers stay is enjoyable and it sounds like we hit the mark with you. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Longmont.