“Great Experience!”
Review of Mile-Hi-Skydiving

Mile-Hi-Skydiving
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Longmont
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Had a sweet time jumping out of a plane. The instructors are all top notch, and are good are putting you at ease. The instructions for Tandem are fairly simple, but a lot of solo jumpers were here too, so you got too see that side too. A great time, a great facility, a great experience. Do this here, the views alone are worth it.

2  Thank Bryan R

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was my first time skydiving, and my jump expert (i had no idea what to call him, haha) was Brandon. He was a cool dude, made me feel comfortable; even though we jumped into hail. It was an awesome experience, and I hope he reads this. Thanks for a great experience buddy, and i am definitely going again in Chicago!

5  Thank Chicago_CK
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My mother (81), my daughter, and I took the plunge and participated in a jump this morning. Our instructors/partners were Travis, Byron and Jamie, wonderful people who instilled confidence and made us feel relaxed. This was not on my bucket list, but I felt that I couldn't let them go alone! However, after completing the mission, I have to admit that it could be addictive. Everyone seemed calm on the plane trip to the required altitude, and before we knew it we were in free fall. Expected it to be a lot colder. The fields below were green for August, and the mountain peaks were streaked with snow. Great to be alive and enjoy this wonderful experience. We are still talking about it. I highly recommend Mile-Hi - well organized and professional, caring staff.

2  Thank Nkosisikeli
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had never been skydiving before and wanted to give it a whirl on our recent trip to Colorado. I had read many fabulous reviews about this facility and jumped the gun to reserve our spot! We got to Mile-Hi shortly before our jump time, filled out our waivers and before we knew it we were on the trailer heading to the hanger where we would meet our jump masters. I was scheduled to jump with Ian and my boyfriend was jumping with Brandon. Honestly, I don't think we could have been matched to a better two. Ian was amazing! He took the time to chit chat and get to know me which helped me feel incredibly comfortable, a pretty good thing considering in minutes we'd be jumping out of a plane together. The experience overall was just insane, in a good way. So much so that after we landed we singed up to jump again before heading home to California. We can't express how thankful we are to Ian and Brandon for the exhilarating experience they provided not once, but twice. If you're thinking about jumping at Mile-Hi think no more, commit, you won't be disappointed. We will definitely be back to Mile-Hi to jump again with Ian and Brandon! Thanks again you guys! You guys were great!

2  Thank MeganFunk87
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I first said that I wanted to go skydiving for my 30th birthday, all my friends and family thought I was insane. After a lot of convincing, my wife not only agreed to let me go, but also agreed to join me. We started inviting everyone we knew to make it a group activity and we didn’t have much response other than big fat NO's in varied wording. We finally got a group of 4 friends to join us and the plans were all set.

We had a 1:00 jump and we were told to expect about 2-4 hours so we had our day planned accordingly. We all arrived, very excited, filled out the paper work and paid up. They told us we were about an hour and a half out, nothing that wasn’t expected. So we sat down in the waiting area with quite a few others and made use of the three TVs. We were kind of anxious so none of us really wanted to stay still. As our group number approached one by one our anticipation grew. They got us geared up in jump suits and harnesses about 15 minutes prior to our number being called for "go". We met our jump masters (the guys we would be strapped very closely to) and got a brief lesson in how things were gonna work. Very focused on safety and explaining the jump, but most off all making sure we had a great time!! This raised our energy level (and my wife’s fear level...LOL)

We were the group that everyone was staring at and laughing at because we were hooping and hollering and jumping around all crazy. They gave us the "go" and we loaded up into the trailer and headed towards the runway. This ride was bumpy and really fun in itself. When we arrived at the runway, it was VERY windy.... the group that had just jumped before us was landing (really cool to see before we jumped) but the wind was making there landings a bit difficult. The staff was great at getting them all down safely; however, because the wind was gusting so high, we were put on a weather hold. No big deal, we get a free trailer ride. :)

We waited in the hanger for a while and kept our energy level up. The wind died down and we got another "go" and off we went. About half way out the door they called it off due to wind again. We had about four of these "AMP UPS" as I am now calling them because as soon as they would say "go" we were on our feet screaming and yelling in excitement.

Unfortunately, the wind never calmed down consistently enough for us to jump on that day, a little disappointing since it was my birthday. The group of 4 friends had to get back home so they took a refund and plan on coming back another time. My wife and I decided to stay and book for the first jump the next morning.

The following day, when we walked in the door, the staff remembered us and greeted us with the calm weather report. YIPPY!!! We were quickly geared up, on the trailer, and in the plane. We had the same jump masters as the day before (Eric and Jon) so it was a very easy start to the day. We were the only tandem jumpers on the plane, but there were probably about a dozen solo jumpers with us. At 5000' we checked our gear, at 10000' we got up close and personal with our instructors as we sat on their laps and got hooked in. Everything was checked for safety and it was only a few minutes when the door swung open and people started bailing out.

We waddled to the door and as I looked out of the plane to the ground thousands of feet below I had a brief moment of fear (not normal for me) but it quickly dissipated and out we went. I am an adrenalin junkie, so I requested that this not be a simple jump, my jump master Eric responded with perfection.....Three barrel rolls out of the plane, stabilize, spins, more spins, stabilize, and then pull. AMAZING!!!! This was the thrill of my life (I can’t say the happiest day of my life because I am married and have three kids, I think one of those has to take that day)

We free fell for about 90 seconds before we pulled the chord. Honestly, I was expecting a jolt when the chute opened, but all it was was slowing down and going from horizontal to vertical position. Still in the same fashion of an exciting ride, we spun the chute and performed some aerial tricks, S curves, and spins. Of course we checked out the view too, (and made sure my wife’s chute opened).

After about 8 minutes of gliding we made it to ground and landed with style. We got so close to landing on our feet but caught a draft right as we came down and it pushed us to our behinds.
Thank you so much to the staff and crew for making our jump so incredibly awesome. This may have been a first time jump, but it is most certainly guaranteed not to be the last.

4  Thank stxseth