“Excellent place to stay!”

Hampton Inn Longmont
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This place was so nice! Customer service was excellent! The owners Kristy and Bill were always able to answer any questions and were so helpful! The rooms were very comfortable and extremely clean. The breakfast was very good! Wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I called from the road the morning of Thursday 9/1 after a wonderful stay in the Pueblo, CO Hampton Inn. Usual great service, good people and a great suite. The State Fair was going on, so we were lucky to get a room. Paid $157 for a King Suite, only King room they had that evening. Thanks you to guys! We always choose Hampton if they are available.

Avoid Longmont Hampton Inn - Unstable Personnel
But the atmosphere changed when we arrived in Longmont--We called the Longmont Hampton Inn from the car after we left Pueblo and over an open mic asked about availability and received a quote. The information given by the man who answered the phone was that the King room was $103 with AAA. Military discount only applied to a double queen room. We were surprised it was so reasonable and happy about it. In fact, we discussed how much less it was the night before. I said I didn't know if we'd make it there before 6pm, but the guy said not to worry they had plenty of rooms available that evening. So, I didn't make a prior reservation for which I''m VERY happy now.

We arrived between 3pm and 4pm. My husband is a disabled vet in a wheelchair, so I went in to get the room. I walked in smiling saying I was happy we were able to get there cause I didn't know if we'd make it. T I said this to the bleached blond girl behind the desk who was not that friendly to begin. I told her I'd called ahead for a King room and she asked if I was quoted a price. I said yes, it was around $100. She repeated $103. I said yes. Then, she changed the price and said no it's $139. I said, Oh, I have AAA. She said it was $139 anyway. I told her I'd spoken to a guy earlier that quoted the same $103 to me and asked if she sure she was looking at the regular King room? This was all a typical exchange, nothing unusual, just trying to confirm the pricing. Then, this guy comes from around the back and stands beside her. He says rather authoritarian like that it's $139 and that he was the person I'd spoken with. I said good, we'll you remember I called and you said it was $103 with the AAA. He said, 'No, I didn't." in a very non-customer oriented bullying voice. I said well, that's what I heard. I handed my card to the girl and said that $139 was fine. He must not have heard that. He was concentrating on bullying me instead and kept talking. He said I should stop yelling. I didn't know what to say to that. No one was yelling. I was simply trying to confirm if there was a mistake in the pricing with AAA card. I said, I'm not yelling. He said something to the girl like, if she doesn't like the price then we have the right to refuse to serve anyone give her back her card. I repeated that I'd said $139 was fine. I asked if this was the way he treated all his customers? He didn't answer. I said if anyone is yelling or doing anything here that's ugly, it's you. He took the AAA card I'd given the girl who also got involved in backing him up that he was not yelling. A wonderful shill in her own right. Actually he wasn't yelling he was being a bully to a customer instead of saying he'd made a mistake on the quote and was sorry about it--which was have been fine with me. He slap the card on the counter and looked at me. I asked for this name and he yanked another card from under the counter and slapped it on the counter top, too. I took it and left. I've never been treated so horribly in a supposedly customer oriented business in my life. His behavior was absolutely bizarre.

It was so surreal I could barely explain to my husband that I'd been thrown out of the Hampton Inn because of a pricing discussion, accused of yelling and so on. The only thing I could compare it to was an old Saturday Night Live skit years ago when Federal Marshals began riding airplanes after 9/11. The passenger asks for a pillow and the fight attendant says she'll get to him in a minute in a rushed authoritarian voice. He waits. She walks by again and he asks once again if he can get a pillow and she tells him he has to calm down. He's like What? I'm not upset, I just want a pillow. Then, she begins getting frantic saying he needs to lower his voice (he's not upset, she is and begins to raise her voice). Then, she calls the Federal Marshall over, to whom the guy says he just trying to get a pillow. Before he can open his mouth again he's face down on the floor with a gun at his head. That was this experience. It was truly surreal. And if they armed this man, I'd have been face down on the floor being cuffed by the nearest cop. He simply wanted a fight and I was there at the right time, I suppose.

Of course, since I was thrown out, I'll never stay there. But, if I were the Hampton Inn/ Hilton people, I'd pull the security tape from the desk and the phone for the times/days mentioned and see what I described is accurate. I'm sure I'm not the first person to have to deal with person, Robert Mitchim or be bullied by him. Such individuals have personalities they can not control once given any authority at all.

I've been in customer service for 35 years. I can say without hesitation that if I found any employee had this type personality I'd fire him and his bleached blonde accomplice. However, these things begin at the top, so whoever hired him is problem.

Room Tip: Really Bad Experience
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank ElaineSK
Reviewed August 28, 2011

From the time I booked the room until the time we checked out I was happy with this hotel. I asked for a quiet room in the back and that is what we got. Just know though that a room in the front facing the street would also have mountain views. We only stayed two nights but were comfortable and slept very well. The breakfast was fine for being free and the internet had a good, fast connection. The pool was clean as well as the hot tub so we used them a a few times. The room itself also seemed pretty clean and the beds were nice and comfortable. If ever in Longmont again, we would stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We went for a wedding and while we were gone, our Son had his cell phone stolen and the only person who had been in the room was the cleaning staff. We realized it was missing when we were packing up on Sunday. Went to the front desk, who politely took our information, and thats where it ended. The General Manager was rude, turning it around that our Son was trying to blame a lost phone on them even tho our son tried to explain we would have contacted the 2 places we had been to search for it because their baby's first time videos were on it.The Manager was more upset he had to fire a person that had worked for him for 9 years.......so what does that tell you? My son wanted the phone back....not someone to get fired over this whole ordeal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil G
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We loved all the freebies Longmont Hampton offers. The staff is so friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed the stay. Rooms and bed were comfortable and clean. Typical Hampton Inn. Business center was nice with two computer stations. Pool and jacuzzi looked clean but we did not use either. Breakfast was as expected at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is close to the road and the windows are not triple paned so you will hear the traffic noise around 5:30 - 6:00 am each morning during the week. Suggest requesting a room not facing the main road. There is a Penera Bread within walking distance if you get tired of the same breakfast food. Also a Walgreens drugstore within walking distance. There is a bike or jogging trail that is close to the motel. Liquor and wine store is about 1/2 mile up the road.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EngineerViewPoint
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We stayed here for several nights in September and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean and our room was spacious. My only complaints were the very loud fan in the bathroom and the smoke smell in our non-smoking room.

The indoor pool was nice and the breakfast bar was nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple