“Great Food, Terrific Guys”
Review of Georgia Boys BBQ

Georgia Boys BBQ
Ranked #2 of 292 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Georgia Boys BBQ is fantastic....both the food and the owners. We have lived all over the country and have not found one barbeque place we adore....until now. Their meat is fall off the bone, melt in your mouth tender, sauces run from mouth watering delicious to knock your socks off hot and spicy. And the desserts? Give yourself the best gift ever and save room for any one of their daily just-out-of-the-oven choices, you will be thrilled you did. Be sure to check out their website, of facebook page, for the ever-changing daily list of meat, sides, and desserts. These guys built their great reputation by catering almost every major Boulder County (and beyond) event. Every time we go there are new and wonderful surprises to enjoy!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had a BBQ brisket sandwich .....delicious. You put your own sauce on the meat which I love for it allows you to personalize tasting the smokiness in the meat. Meat portion was generous and tender! Sauces are equally good. My friend had the pulled pork and he also thought it was very good. Had a side of Slaw which was also some of the best I have had. Because the entree was so good I went back and ordered a cinnamon spice cake dessert....also worth a try. Great little BBQ joint!

1  Thank greeleyborn
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I love barbeque and Georgia Boys BBQ is some of the best we've ever had! The meats are so tender and flavorful and we could not stop eating the sides! It is clear that the Georgia Boys take great care in the preparation of all their food. Thank goodness for Colorado finally getting a good barbeque joint!

2  Thank Katiecakes18
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had the pulled pork sandwich, carolina style. I loved it. The pork was delicious and I loved their barbecue sauce. The side dishes (I tried beans, potato salad, and coleslaw) and banana puddin' were so good, I would love to make a meal out of those! I look forward to visiting again and trying their other sides and meats.

2  Thank kyline84
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was so thrilled when I read a new barbecue joint was opening up in Longmont. I eagerly anticipated their opening day... and when I showed up, they were out of food already! I knew this was going to be good... I'd just have to wait. :)

A week later and I have, at last, gotten to sample the unbelievably delicious food that Georgia Boys has on offer. When I walked in, I was informed that the brisket had just come up and was ready to go... naturally I went for that. I have never, ever had its equal, and I've eaten a fair share of it in my time. Tender, crisped on the outside, not too dry - even before I added some of the tasty sauces (my favorite - the medium hot - so good I had to dip the Texas Toast in). To that I added a side of beans (home made, naturally) and sweet potato casserole (not too sweet, just the right mix of savory and spiced).

My daughter opted for her favorite, pulled pork. She preferred the original sauce, and growled when I reached out to snitch a taste. GROWLED. Clearly a winner.

Though my poor, taste-deprived chid couldn't be persuaded to give it a go, I went full force after the Banana Puddin'... so perfectly creamy, but still with enough bite thanks to the 'nilla Wafers within.

After a long, crabby day, this was truly soul food - we felt better after eating it, especially since we knew we were eating good, fresh food free of all the crap loaded into your average restaurant meal. Georgia Boys strives to serve only fresh and natural ingredients... they don't even have a soda fountain so as to avoid corn syrup, instead offering real-sugar alternatives like Mexican Coke (if you've never had it...try it). They even stick with compostable to-go boxes and utensils.

As if that wasn't enough, they're even priced right - with tip I paid less for two fantastic, satisfying meals than I would have for an inferior meal at any sit-down restaurant in town.

One thing... if you want lunch, don't expect it at 3PM, and if you want dinner show up as close to 5 as you can! They're planning on adding another smoker soon, but in the meantime... you snooze, you lose!

To sum up, I knew I'd love this place, but I didn't know I'd LOVE this place...I wish them well, and plan on giving them lots of business. Thank you, Boys, for coming to Longmont, and we'll see you real soon!

2  Thank curegirl0421