“Surprisingly Good”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I had seen this place around town. It reminded me of steak n shake(super gross) back in Texas. But to my surprise, after one bite.... way different. It really had flavor.... Good flavor! Ill defiantly be back!

Longmont, Colorado
“Awesome burgers and fries ... nice, clean atmosphere ... friendly service!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My sons and I tried Freddy's when they first opened here in Longmont and we were hooked right away! The burgers are very tasty and ALWAYS fresh and juicy! The fries are TO DIE FOR ... shoestring fries, coooked to perfection and perfectly seasoned! Even the hot dogs are delicious ... Vienna Beef Hot dogs, butterflied on a buttered bun ... YUMMY!

One time when I was with my younger son, Fred Simon ('Freddy') was visiting this location, and stopped by our table and offered us a sample of their frozen custard. Where else can you meet the founder of a national chain and have him stop by and talk to you?? And ...WOW ... the frozen custard is AWESOME! If you've never tried it before, you MUST try Freddy's. Made fresh every day, it's thick and creamy and SO MUCH better than regular ice cream!

I also appreciate the fact that the tables, chairs, benches and floors are constantly kept clean. Many of the employees will walk the restaurant to take your trays and trash for you. I have noticed, too, that many of them have worked there from day one, so the food and service is consistently excellent!

All of the folks working there are friendly and helpful, as well. No grumpy or grouchy people here! Girls like Shelby and Mia are always waiting to help you, greeting you with their beautiful smiles and making your dining experience a very positive one!

By yourself or with friends or family, everyone will love Freddy's! Awesome food ... neat and clean dining room ... fantastic service. Why go anywhere else?

• Visited November 2011
Colorado
“Not the frozen custard I know and in general OK but not worth a special trip.”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Don't get me wrong, the texture's right, it's creamy, and the vanilla's white but… it's bland and barely vanilla, and has none of the eggy flavor that frozen custard as found at the best custard stands in Milwaukee, WI (most notably Kopp's) usually has; instead it's more akin to the similarly flavorless vanilla frozen custard found at Good Times or Bova's while being just slightly less flavorful than the custard at Abbott's. Their custard may be good as a base for other flavors but as a pure vanilla experience, it falls short.

The burgers were OK, but seemed like a dry version of Culver's and a less flavorful version of Steak 'n Shake - though still light years ahead of the flavorless cardboard served at Five Guys. All in all, it's one of the better quick service burgers in Longmont, but if you're in a burger mood and have even a little more time i'd recommend you stop by the Sonic across the street instead (as long as the cook at Sonic can keep the salt per burger down under a pound. :-))

IMHO the menu item that most redeemed my trip was their very flavorful but not too salty thin-cut fries, which I'd say are among the best served anywhere.

Suffice it to say if I visit again I will likely try a dog or chicken nuggets with those fries, hold the custard.

A quick note about the restaurant itself: despite being packed (I got the last parking space in the lot), the service was friendly and quick, the dining room and tables very clean and the employees cheerful and friendly - always a positive - with a fun atmosphere that reminded me just a little bit TOO much of the inside of a Steak 'n Shake.

It's a good thing this restaurant is located in Longmont as it's far enough from Culvers or the new Steak 'n Shake location coming in Centennial to have to worry about either, as in my opinion it can be viewed as a pale imitation and amalgam of both.

• Visited September 2011
Longmont, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I actually live in Longmont, and this place is fantastic!

“Fast & tasty”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is one of the few places I'm able to go with my family and be "normal" since they offer a (DELICIOUS) veggie burger!

Their fries are the best I've ever eaten (crispy shoestring thin ones)

This was the first time I had custard (with M&Ms) and it was definitely good.

It costs more than McDonalds, but I feel the quality is much better. I know my family loves their steak burgers and the patty melts. So it can appeal to everyone!

My only complaint about Freddy's is that their veggie burger is so expensive...but I guess at least they offer one!

Definitely a cute little place to try!

• Visited July 2011