“Enjoyed food and music”

Oskar Blues
Ranked #10 of 292 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Original Oskar Blues is in Lyons, CO. They opened this 2nd location in 2009.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was a busy Saturday night but we braved the crowds and waited only 40 minutes or so for a table for five. Enjoyed excellent beer (Ten Fiddy, in particular) and a very helpful bartender. I had red beans and rice, while my husband had the pulled pork, which were both quite good. The waiter was on top of everything, despite the chaos of the crowd. An excellent musician was playing upstairs. If we had been locals, we would definitely go back frequently for the music.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Oskar Blues in Longmont has good food (albeit many items are pretty greasy), a good bar, relaxed atmosphere, nice staff, and is a good value. However the owner has a reputation of being a tyrant with the staff and it gets REALLY loud in there when busy.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

After shuffling around dinner plans, I was able to meet up with friends at Oskar Blues Liquids and Solids.

My arrival was confusing as the 5 hostess seemed to speak in unison, but assured me they'd find me in about 25 minutes to seat our table of four. My buddy and I waited outside enjoying the live band and amazing weather.

Curiously, a table was ready nearly as soon as the other half of our party arrived. Inside there were quite a few four tops available, but perhaps there were reservations? Didn't matter as the beer and the food was delicious. I enjoyed the Salmon Fish and Chips and the rest of the table also housed their meals. Beers all around, and no complaints from the crew on those either.

We were served food and drink by an array of people. I enjoy this as it shows a sense of team work and at least hints that everyone at the restaurant buys into the idea of a good customer experience. Prompt service, warm food, and excellent atmosphere.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a gem of a restaurant/brewpub in Longmont. The beer selection is extensive and high quality. The menu caters to everyone, even those of us who choose to eat vegetarian. Everyone in our party was happy with their food choice.The ambiance was very casual and fun without being too loud. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. Overall we had a great experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The top portion of their beer menu are their own beers they brew, try one or several. I liked that the staff had good working knowledge with their various beers and could recommend something to suit your beer tastes. We had a large party of 10 people on a sunday night and found it to be helpful to get a reservation. Our service was fast and accurate and the food was delicious. If you enjoy good hearty food and sampling different beers this is a good place to go. The acoustic band that was playing music in the background was a nice touch.

Get the artichoke dip as an appetizer to share. It comes in a bread bowl and you get a bit of a variety of things to dip with (chips, fried pickle, veggies), which is a nice departure of JUST chips which most other restaurants give you.