“Can I live here please”

Oskar Blues
Ranked #8 of 282 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Original Oskar Blues is in Lyons, CO. They opened this 2nd location in 2009.
Cornwall, UK
“Can I live here please”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Damn. Go here.

The food is great, the company excellent, the service rapid and eager to help. The music is amazing. I can't believe I wasn't staying across the street, because I wouldn't have gone anywhere else.

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice they added one to Longmont!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I prefer the original one in Lyons...It's so fun and has a great outdoor patio that rocks! The one in Longmont is nice...good beer...good food but the dance floor upstairs is tiny and felt claustrophobic. The food is upstairs in Lyons but you can be served food downstairs in the bar and dance area. I have heard the most awesome music R & B in Lyons....if you have time go to Lyons. If not this is a good second!

Visited October 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Live a little! Great place to chill with friends.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We took a friend to lunch here (Saturday 5 January, 2013) and really enjoyed ourselves. It's not the first time we've been to Oskars, and we always have fun, so this time I thought a review was in order since we'd never tried it for lunch before.

Oskars offers a combination that is hard to find around this area - casual, but not boring, plus a menu with something for everyone from a salad eater to a "real food" devotee, and food that is almost always surprisingly good. I love the Louisiana spin and eclectic combinations.

We chose the mussels in beer broth for a shared appetizer - it was KILLER - our friend was blown away. We had to request a spoon to ladle the broth over the succulent little molluscs - seems like a no-brainer to include a spoon when presenting a dish like this one. But professional service is not Oskar's forte. The servers are always friendly and obliging, but they seem to lack good direction and timing is usually hit and miss. Hence, we received our entrees literally ninety seconds after the mussels arrived. So, not only was the table cluttered, there were some pretty weird flavor combinations from eating this appetizer and our mains simultaneously. That said, all the food was extremely good - far superior to anything we've eaten at the Pumphouse, another local brewpub we often enjoy.

I had the large size "Chop Chop" salad - far beyond a pile of lettuce with a few bits and pieces scattered over the top. It was a well-balanced combo of greens, bacon, egg, cheese, crispy noodles, and all kinds of other yumminess, with the dressing served on the side. Our friend had the beets and goat cheese salad - she loved the main components but thought the greens could have been handled more imaginatively - a huge stack of unadorned spinach is not everyone's idea of a party on a plate. My partner had a black and blue burger that was downright spectacular. It came with sweet potato fries to die for and a better-then-average salad on the side. The burger was moist and rich tasting - a five-star burger meal at a great price. My companions both had a wheat beer and said it was good but not great - the competition around Boulder County is pretty solid - some great micro-brews to be had. I chose the sangria and it was a good one. Not 5 star, but a large glass and perfect with my meal.

Yes, the music was maybe a tad loud. The brunch/lunch crowd normally wants to have a conversation, folks.... But if you're looking for an atmosphere that is casual, energizing and positive, it's hard to beat Oskar Blues.

We keep going back to this place, even though service is never its strongpoint. It's hard to find a place with real character and a style of its own in Longmont - Oskar Blues is up there with Mike O'Shays in that regard. The food is usually just as good, and typically a tad less expensive. OBs also caters to a clientele of a wider age group than O'Shays, so if you are with 20- somethings, OBs could be a better choice.

I never regret spending some time with friends here, and those we bring from out of town are ALWAYS amazed that Longmont has a place like this. I highly recommend it, but only to people who can let go of the little stuff (like disorganized service) and focus on having fun with good food and good company in a great casual atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
Longmont, Colorado
“Great food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Been here twice, both times the food and service were great. Had Brisket, Beer can chicken, wings, mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese.....ALL GREAT! We will be back!

Visited November 2012
Colorado
“Best Dirty Rice out of New Orleans”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went here with a client and forgot to write a review. But when you remember it after a couple of months, you know it was memorable.

I had a burger with dirty rice as a side. I have had some good and bad dirty rice, but this ranks among the best. Outstanding flavor and texture. I did learn that people in charge are from the south, so it all made sense after that.

The burger was very good, was also informed they raise their own beef, so enjoyed a flavorful burger.

Frankly the burger was great, but look forward to going back again for more dirty rice.

I am not a drinker so cannot give you an opinion on the beers, but they did seem to have a quite the selection.

• Visited November 2012