“Needs help!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine came to town needed a place to stay for the night. This motel is good if you just need a place to lay your head. Rooms recently renovated. But the pool and hot tub are drained and the pool area are trashed. They have signs posted about spitting... Not a great place, ok in a pinch.
Located off main hwy, so easy access but again ok for an overnight while driving through.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jenna C

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had to stay here for work for 2 nights. When you walk in a hotel and the sign says the indoor pool is closed for the season...you know someone running the place is tight. The room was awful. I had a double bed that the sheets did not stay on. When I took it apart, myself, to fix it, I realized they had put single sheets and blankets on a double bed. The wind was blowing the curtains around so I checked the window. It had a half inch gap in it so I stuffed kleenex in the opening to keep the wind out of the room. I had a non-smoking room, but most of the rooms around me were smoking rooms so the hallway smelled awful and some of that smoke smell came under my door. I stuffed a bath towel under the door to keep the smoke out. The tub would not drain very well, so I got the fix-it man up and he couldn't do anything about it because he could not get the screw out of the drain to open it up.The screw was so old it was rusted in there. He tried to tell me the reason it didn't drain good was because the water was coming out of the faucets faster than it could go down the drain. .The breakfast was awful. A large jar of peanut butter that everyone dug out of...same with the jelly. No milk. I could not wait to get out of there and I prayed I never get sent back there!!!

Room Tip: Best thing you can do is choose a totally different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank keypbusin
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Avoid at all costs. All I was looking for was a clean room and place to sleep. I didn't get it. The room was disgusting, and many signs that it hasd not been cleaned well. There were little bits of cereal or something in the corner, we found someone's swimsuit top behind the chair. The pillows looked like they had not been replaced in 10 years and the sheets had a rip in them. If there had been and place else to stay in town, we would have left right then, but no such luck. My wife wanted to wash the sheets in the washer/dryer across the hallway, but it was late. I was exhausted and wanted to go to sleep. She finally agreed to sleep in the bed but left all of her steeet clothes on. This is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. I would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: don't stay here under any circumstances!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sean b
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Awful hotel. This place has terrible security, awful rooms and a freezing cold pool. I'm not going to go into many details, three other reviewers have covered it. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccfc1968
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is dirty, unsafe, right next to a truck stop that runs all night, right next to the freeway, and they will charge you a "cancellation" fee if you check out early. Unfortunately their corporate office backs them up, as I did try to obtain our "cancellation" fee back - but they stood behind the owner. Dont EVER stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank WyoWheat
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We were to stay for 4 nights but left after 1 night. The location felt unsafe, the place was in disrepair and cleanliness was poor. I was with husband and other family who agreed with assessment. The toilet seat in one room was falling off, tissues under our bed, side door into building did not fit properly and the whole place smelled like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank ssd2010
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Do Not Stay Here!!

Where do I begin?

We felt unsafe as soon as we drove up. This place is not a dive it is a dump. The managers (owners?) are packrats and there is trash and junk spilling out of the office and everywhere else they can find. I lifted up the sheets to check for bedbuds and the mattresses were full of cigarette burns and all kinds of stains. No, I didn't see any bedbugs -- but I did cut my foot walking across my room on a tiny shard of glass. Oh and in my Grandmom's room down the hall the screen on the window was all tweaked liked someone had tried to break in. This place is scary and there are plenty of other places in the area you could stay and feel safer and cleaner. I would only stay if I failed to hitch-hike a ride to the next town (and I don't hitch-hike).

And the lady who runs the reservations and front desk is so scatterbrained and incompetent -- my impression is that she is not suited for actual work or public interaction and resents being forced by her husband to wrok.

We checked out early (after the first night) and they refused to accept our cancellation and charged our credit cards for another two nights -- even though the hotel we were moving into told us they could not do that. HORRIBLE!! RUN-- DON'T WALK!

PS. It's Filthy!!!

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank sumogato
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longmont
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Longmont
Candlewood Suites Longmont
Candlewood Suites Longmont
#5 of 14 in Longmont

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!