“DO NOT EAT HERE!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“DO NOT EAT HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Lee O. 5/19/2014
I would not recommend this place at all. Do not spend your money or your time at this location. Of course, if you know what real Mexican food is, you would know everything that it is served here comes out of a can. Today I ate a salad with shrimp and it had the lost disgusting flavor, when I brought it to the managers attention (not for a refund) his answer was that he personally supervised the preparation of the food and he did not think there was anything wrong with it! Not even an apology . I would not come back that's for sure.

• Visited May 2014

Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“Not memorable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food isn't bad, but it's not great either. There really wasn't anything that made this Mexican restaurant stand out over other Mexican restaurants. The food is good. I'd rather have a smaller plate of phenomenal flavor that a "lot of food" that's just good. Service is average.

• Visited May 2014
Highlands Ranch
“A lot of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Nice place to eat. You get tons of food, so come hungry. The service is very good, and the restaurant is huge. The food is very good.

Visited March 2014
Midland, Canada
“The Three Margaritas offers a few gems. Great service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

After a great hike at Red Rocks we decided to get some Mexican food. I have eaten at Three Margaritas a few times in the past. We were in luck - we were there for happy hour which they have every day. The beer and regular margaritas were 2 dollars. That is a real bargain. They really need to redo the menu - it is too ambitious and the pictures are frightening.
There is live music on Sundays - The mariachi band came to play a very long song as we were just seated so I sat there worrying I was going to miss happy hour. It was fun to listen to but also was thinking about finding enough cash for a tip. There was a large birthday party that enjoyed the band's version of happy birthday.
The complimentary chips and salsa were at the table in a minute- I love the efficiency and the fact that most Mexican places do this. Make note the Blue Corn Cafe in Santa Fe- ( i have reviewed this restaurant ) does not give complimentary chips and salsa. This location has one star in its kitchen pocket- they make a fresh, bright chopped mushroom, onion and cilantro salsa that is just delicious. This dish gives me hope that things could be better in a Mexican restaurant.
I always order fajitas( not true Mexican) and felt like a change. I ordered a combo with a chili relleno,( a green chile stuffed with cheese wrapped in a tortilla and fried), enchilada and soft taco. I forgot to tell them to hold the beans and rice so when the platter came it looked disgusting. The soft taco was soaked so I could not pick it up - there was barely any filling, the enchilada had a few pieces of dry shredded badly seasoned chicken and the chile was smaller than the regular one. Of all the things on my plate that tasted pretty good. My companion ordered the Chile Colorado - seasoned beef in a red sauce served with rice pureed beans and soft flour tacos. While it was just warm he enjoyed this dish. I tried it and found it well seaoned but dry. His chile relleno had almost no chile- but it did have lots of cheese- too much for his taste. I for one can never get too much cheese.
I cannot understand why the food always has to look so unappetizing- the sides look ad taste as if they were made days earlier. Food just pours out all over itself and there is no attempt at presentation or garnishing whatsoever. I looked at my plate and thought how the French would gasp at the sight of the food. - Be warned that fajitas are $15.00 - no bargain at all. The portions of guacamole, cheese and sour cream are so small that there is barely enough for one serving of your fajita. One last thing - why are the soft flour tacos so small?
This place has appeal for those looking for a mess of food for a decent value. The service is excellent.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
colorado
“Mucho DELICIOUSO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The service here has to be tops! The refried beans are always how we judge a mexican restaurant and their's are killer! Drinks awesome & they have horchata's. Carne Asada to die for--just evrything is soooo good-Now I'm hungry! Try the bacon wrapped shrimp-yum!

Visited February 2014