“A lot of food”

3 Margaritas Family Mexican
Ranked #70 of 428 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Nice place to eat. You get tons of food, so come hungry. The service is very good, and the restaurant is huge. The food is very good.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

After a great hike at Red Rocks we decided to get some Mexican food. I have eaten at Three Margaritas a few times in the past. We were in luck - we were there for happy hour which they have every day. The beer and regular margaritas were 2 dollars. That is a real bargain. They really need to redo the menu - it is too ambitious and the pictures are frightening.
There is live music on Sundays - The mariachi band came to play a very long song as we were just seated so I sat there worrying I was going to miss happy hour. It was fun to listen to but also was thinking about finding enough cash for a tip. There was a large birthday party that enjoyed the band's version of happy birthday.
The complimentary chips and salsa were at the table in a minute- I love the efficiency and the fact that most Mexican places do this. Make note the Blue Corn Cafe in Santa Fe- ( i have reviewed this restaurant ) does not give complimentary chips and salsa. This location has one star in its kitchen pocket- they make a fresh, bright chopped mushroom, onion and cilantro salsa that is just delicious. This dish gives me hope that things could be better in a Mexican restaurant.
I always order fajitas( not true Mexican) and felt like a change. I ordered a combo with a chili relleno,( a green chile stuffed with cheese wrapped in a tortilla and fried), enchilada and soft taco. I forgot to tell them to hold the beans and rice so when the platter came it looked disgusting. The soft taco was soaked so I could not pick it up - there was barely any filling, the enchilada had a few pieces of dry shredded badly seasoned chicken and the chile was smaller than the regular one. Of all the things on my plate that tasted pretty good. My companion ordered the Chile Colorado - seasoned beef in a red sauce served with rice pureed beans and soft flour tacos. While it was just warm he enjoyed this dish. I tried it and found it well seaoned but dry. His chile relleno had almost no chile- but it did have lots of cheese- too much for his taste. I for one can never get too much cheese.
I cannot understand why the food always has to look so unappetizing- the sides look ad taste as if they were made days earlier. Food just pours out all over itself and there is no attempt at presentation or garnishing whatsoever. I looked at my plate and thought how the French would gasp at the sight of the food. - Be warned that fajitas are $15.00 - no bargain at all. The portions of guacamole, cheese and sour cream are so small that there is barely enough for one serving of your fajita. One last thing - why are the soft flour tacos so small?
This place has appeal for those looking for a mess of food for a decent value. The service is excellent.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The service here has to be tops! The refried beans are always how we judge a mexican restaurant and their's are killer! Drinks awesome & they have horchata's. Carne Asada to die for--just evrything is soooo good-Now I'm hungry! Try the bacon wrapped shrimp-yum!

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in on a whim after a disappointing lunch at another Mexican restaurant.
We arrived just in time for happy hour, Great!
$2.50 house Margaritas, Great!
Miguel was our server and was Gr...(I'm kidding, I won't use that word again), Miguel was friendly, funny, and very attentive with out being over the top.
We enjoyed the drinks, warm tortilla chips and salsa (with just the right amount of kick).
We will be back soon for more than just happy hour!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I chose to eat at Tres Margaritas Family Restaurant, tonight. All was well, until they served spoiled meat with my carne asada. My husband pointed out that the meat had a weird taste, in comparison to his (we ordered the same meal; lame, I know). He promised to tip well for the excellent service, but didn't think it would be fair for the restaurant to charge us for my meal, considering my meat was "suspicious". The reply from the manager: "We sell a lot of steaks, we've never had a complaint".

Needless to say, (and this only applies to one location) I will never return to this restaurant. And I can without a doubt tell you that the Tres Margaritas in Littleton serves spoiled meat to its patrons. Save yourself the possibility of getting sick and eat somewhere, anywhere else.