“Hidden cuisine”
Review of La Polleria - CLOSED

La Polleria
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We got a groupon to check this place out and wow! Family owned and operated and they make some amazing food. It seems the locals all know about it too as it was fairly busy when we went in. It's in a strip mall and the decor is pretty plain and simple, but the food quality was 5 star! I highly recommend the spicy sauce, plantains, and mango desert!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

One of the worst experiences... I bought a coupon deal and took my coworkers there for lunch. Not only did the older women at the counter practically yell at us the customers, but she yelled at her family working there. They were trying to be reasonable and seemed extremely nice - they need to get her out of the front of the house, she is going to be their demise. We were willing to look past it all, but when the food arrived, it was less than wonderful. The worst salad we have ever received in a restaurant. I can't believe I spent any money on this place and that I subjected my coworkers to such a horrible experience - I apologized the whole way back to the office. It takes a lot for me to rate someone terrible but this lady needs to know it is not okay to treat anyone, family or customers in the manner she did.

1  Thank BecSme
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I must admit I am not a fan of flan!
I’ve tried it numerous times, in a variety of places, and the experience usually ends in disappointment. Yet, ever the optimist, I am always willing to try again!

On Thursday, I went to La Polleria for lunch, to work on a reading project. I ordered my favorite: a Spicy Inca Wrap, Inka Cola, and their crispy Yukon Gold fries. It was all good, as usual. Still craving another flavor of different delight, on a whim, I asked if they had any flan that day.
YES! FLAN SUCCESS! Typically, the kinds I have tried have been a rather hard, gelatin texture and overly sweet. Not here!

La Polleria has the best flan ever! It is the perfect creamy texture that your spoon glides through like silk, and then slips calmly into the lovely, deep caramel colored, secret sauce with ease. Talk about melt in your mouth delicious! I went back the next day and got two to-go orders, so my husband could have an exceptional Friday night dessert. He was equally pleased! I don’t know what the secret is but I am certainly going to try and find out! Wish me luck! Until then, this may become my weekly treat!

As I stated in an earlier review, the owners are awesome, as nice as can be, and even asked if I wanted them to turn to music off since I was reading.
“Oh, no! Please leave it on! I really do like it a lot”. I smiled
And I do! It’s a lovely mid-week escape. Fantastic food, FLAN, music and great service! What more could you want on a lunch break! I simply had to write another review and rave about their flan this time!

La Polleria -put it high on your list if you haven’t been there yet. You’ll be back!

1  Thank DesertZenRay
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The special brick oven is imported from Peru to roast the local Red Bird chicken, which is free of hormones, preservatives and steroids! You can smell the delicious flavors wafting through the parking lot before you even enter the restaurant! They also have gluten free options! So we are talking healthy and fresh, here!

My favorite is the Inca wrap with the Spicy Aji Spicy sauce! I occasionally get the Yukon Gold fries that they use sea salt on, and sometimes quench my thirst with an Inca Cola, when I am feeling really feisty about splurging on calories!

One of my former co-workers ate there every week, before he left the area, and he is a SUPER picky, so that tells you a lot!!! Everything I have tried here is great! It is a local family owned business, and you can tell they are happy making their customers happy!

¡ Viva el Perú

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Peruvian spin on poultry - right up my alley!

No reservations here, and it looks like they deliver locally. Now that we've tried the food, it'll be added to our go-to list of take-out and delivery venues.

We came here on Valentine's Day evening for a casual dinner date with friends. The ambiance is very casual, diner-esque, but if you're cool with that you don't even notice thanks to the service and the quality of the food.

I opted for the chicken burrito which was delicious and a good portion size, along with a size of their yellow corn rice. La Polleria uses all natural Red Farm chicken and it is marinated perfectly.

But the FLAN... oh my, that was sheer decadence. It was light and creamy with a chocolate sauce, and the perfect wrap up to my meal.

1  Thank Chaex2