“Pleasant Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here for Valentines Day. We got there around 5 and the wait was around 10-15 minutes. Seemed a little strange since there were several vacant tables when we were seated.
The happy hour prices were good. The lemon basil martini was different and refreshing. Garlic knots were delicious and plentiful and the caesar salad was good. I had a chicken pasta dish with vodka cream sauce and it was tasty and plentiful as well. The waitress was friendly and service was prompt.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were quickly served at a table for the 5 of us on a Friday night which was a real good start. We had our granddaughter with us. Virgilio's has a real nice kid friendly menu. We started with a bottle of Cabernet. I ordered the Combo Calzone which was loaded with mushrooms, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta cheese and more...all of the things that I normally order on a pizza. The Calzone was large, hot and tasty. Lynn had Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and a Caesar salad. Again, the serving was huge. We took quite a bit home. We also had their bread...delicious garlic knots. Our server, Jeanette, was excellent. This was a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We recently lost our beloved Mother. Wanted to have a small gathering for family and close friends. I contacted Virgilio and booked a small room that seats approximately 30 people comfortably. From Virgilio to Krista they set everything up and were totally prepared for us when we arrived. Renee was our server and did a wonderful job seeing to it that everything was perfect. My wife and I have been coming here since the grand opening and have never been disappointed in the food or service and yesterday was no exception. The food, drink, atmosphere and staff here have always been incredible. Thank you for making a difficult day so much better.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Met friends here for Happy Hour last month. I had never been before, while they seem to be there a few times a week. We sat in the bar and service was fast and friendly with no pressure on ordering. Although it was cold outside, the inferno in the fireplace made things a bit warm. Had the windows been open it would have been perfect.

The wine selection is nice, although they could stand to add some more Syrah choices. My friends speak highly of the Martinis. The atmosphere was relaxing (except for the fireplace on steroids). I ordered the Aglio & Olio (Spaghetti tossed with extra virgin olive oil & garlic, topped with basil with shrimp added). Very simple, but well done. The shrimp were charred nicely and did not have that long-term frozen taste. The garlic knots were not as "doughy" as I like, but had good flavor. I admit that with the aide of a couple garlic knots, you probably would not have guessed my bowl had contained Olive Oil to begin with. My friends were equally happy with their pasta dishes and wine/Martini choices.

Virgilios is somewhere that I will return to, especially for a Happy Hour. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the selection of wines and the simplicity with great taste of the pasta. A definite "recommend" in my book.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have to say, the pizza here is good. Unfortunately the owner is a vile man. I was sitting at the bar watching football this past Sunday and I have appalled at the language coming out of the owners mouth. This is not New York buddy. This is Littleton. I am certain your mother would insist on washing your mouth out with soap if she heard that kind of language come out of your mouth. How disappointing. I will never return to this establishment. Please find somewhere else to spend your money.

3  Thank Chuck M
Virgilio U, Owner at Virgilio's Pizzeria & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I am very sorry that my enthusiasm for the Broncos got the best of me. I assure you that I don't use profanity in my restaurant around customers. I am sure I was upset about a bad call and said something to that nature. I am from Connecticut not New York and sometimes the east coast comes out. I have very strong ties with the Broncos and support them 100%. If you decide to ever come back for our amazing food I would love to buy you a glass of wine. Ciao Virgilio