“Decent hotel but tired”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Littleton
Utah
“Decent hotel but tired”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

To be awakened each morning by three very LOUD dogs is a bit unsettling. They allow large pets in this hotel. Think large German Shepherds and that is what I passed daily in the hallway as they were off for their morning walk. Now imagine large dog smells and you have the scent of this hotel. The bed was fairly comfortable, the AC unit was terribly noisy (bring ear plugs), the walls are thin, the staff is helpful (but some give poor directions), the breakfast was somewhat palatable (fake eggs), and the parking lot is full by early evening. The rooms are decent sized and clean. The cleaning staff was exceptionally friendly and fantastic. The free laundry facility was a useful bonus but the adjoining work out room was small and ill- equipped. The entire place just lacks flair. It would be okay to stay for a week but a month (our stay) was a little tiresome.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevators. If you have pet allergies alert them of this.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tawnya P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to make your stay with us a pleasant one. I appreciate you taking the time to share you likes and dislikes at the property and can assure you, that you option matters. We always want to improve in any area we many be lacking. I truly hope to see you again on your next trip to Denver so we may have to opportunity to give you the best stay imaginable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here quite a bit over the years and have never been disappointed. The staff is great, all areas of the hotel are immaculate, and with the recent renovations it only got better! I recommend this place to anyone staying in the area, especially for an extended stay.
With the Social reception in Tues, Wed, and Thurs and breakfast everyday, it doesn't get any better.
ENJOY!

• Stayed January 2013
Tawnya P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I am so happy to hear about your loyalty to our property. We always enjoy seeing a familiar face. Can't wait to see you again real soon!
Portland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the first time I thought I didn't pay enough for a hotel. The rooms seem to be absolutely brand new, extremely large and fully appointed with a kitchen to boot. Immaculate, spotless and modern. Checkin was super fast. I was in and out in a flash so I didn't get to check out the complimentary breakfast.
If you're on the south side of the Denver metro area, Staybridge Suites is worth checking out.
They're a bit hard to find. The sign is small and not too obvious by the road, especially if you're arriving at night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nepdxer
Tawnya P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am so happy to hear you loved our New Look. I hope on your next trip to Denver you will be able to stay longer and experience all the amenities our hotel has to offer.
Frisco, Colorado
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wife and I have stayed here before and were pleased to find it as good a choice as we remembered it to be. The staff were friendly and helpful at the front desk, dining room and room service. The breakfast and evening meals (Tues-Thurs) had enough variety for a stay of several days. The basketball court was well-maintained, and the business center had everything I needed. There was a variety of DVD movies at no additional cost, and the small food mart had enough choices for snacking.

Room Tip: The two-bedroom suite was ideal for three at a good price. Room facing the basketball court area was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrDeut
Thank you for coming back and staying with us. We always love to see a familiar face, and we can’t wait to see you again on your next trip to Denver.
Oak Park, California
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I LIVED at this hotel for FIVE MONTHS straight from early November 2011 until April 2012. The staff is beyond amazing - I have never experienced such attentiveness and GENUINELY pleasant service, down to having AJ check in on my cats during an extended Christmas trip home.
I had an issue with the internet connectivity, and Drew (Manager) looked into my situation personally and worked diligently with the outsourced IT services company to correct my connectivity situation.
The housekeeping staff is thorough, provide great service and took great care of my room while I was living there.
The complimentary breakfast is AMAZING - extended service is provided on the weekends, and the quality and variety of the food is excellent!!!
The free laundry service is awesome and there are four washer/dryer combinations, next to the workout room. The only negative issue I experienced was that one of the treadmills was out of commission for several weeks over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays, but I heard that a replacement part was backordered - not a deal breaker, but made for some inconvenient morning workouts when several of us long-termers wanted to work out before going to work.
The hotel accommodates pets (I had my two cats along for most of the time) and the staff even looked in on them to refill their water bowl for me on housekeeping days when I had to work late. Nice touches....
The Tues-Thurs night meals were AMAZING - PF Changs was a regular participant, along with several other local restaurants from near the Park Meadows Mall. Believe me, the quality and presentation of the food was always FIRST RATE....food was kept hot, and PLENTIFUL....beer was always COLD and FRESH....SALADS were fresh and good quality....
Only thing I wish was that they had covered parking available - it would be nice to provide protection from the snow and hail storms, but there's PLENTY of parking around the hotel, and the area is SAFE, QUIET, and CONVENIENT with a couple of small restaurants within walking distance, as well as a nearby King Soopers for groceries and supplies and a Kohls is right around the corner on Quebec, along with a gas station and car wash.
The entire area is really, REALLY pleasant...
We had stayed at this hotel earlier in 2011 when I volunteered at the US Women's Open Golf tournament, and the cable service was more extensive than it was when I lived there from November 2011 onwards, but I heard that it was going to be reinstated following the remodel.
They were planning on remodeling the hotel in May/June when I ended my stay, and it sounds like the remodel went well....
This is one of the few hotels in the area that has an outdoor pool, and while I didn't use it when I lived there, we used it when we visited in June 2011, and it's spacious and well maintained. There's also a sport court with basketball courts and a volleyball net during the summer, along with a BBQ pavilion for summertime cookouts....
I cannot recommend this property highly enough - when staying in SE Metro Denver, I will not stay anywhere else......

Room Tip: Rooms on the SOUTH side of the hotel (201) get the Winter sun and stay warmer - park on the south si...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words and your loyalty to Staybridge Suites. We have completed our renovation and would love to show you our new product the next time you come to Denver.
Craig
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Have not stayed here in a couple of years. The hotel looks great after the recent update but it does not look complete in some areas. Paint overspray on tile in bathroom. Thermostat was not working thank goodness we figured out that the unit would work without it. When I contacted the front desk they seemed pretty uninterested in resolving the problem. The refrigerator makes terrible noise all night and none of the appliances had been replaced. Looks far better than it did but just not complete in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tawnya P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows, responded to this review, July 17, 2015
We know it's been a while, but we just wanted to say thanks for the review! We're constantly trying to improve, and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you'll give us another chance to prove what we're capable of.

All the best,
Staybridge Suites Denver South - Park Meadows
Minnesota
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I have literally spent well over a month of time in this hotel in 2012, spread over five separate trips (three of those with our three-year-old daughter), and I can honestly say that all of our needs were met on each of those occasions. The staff at the Staybridge is above all its leading asset, as everyone from the desk staff, to breakfast attendants, to housekeeping, are incredibly friendly and willing to help with any concerns. The front desk is especially flexible when it comes to changing travel plans: more than once, we had to cut several days off of our reservation due to unforeseen circumstances, and these modifications were accommodated cheerfully and without penalty--even though our notice was given only a couple of days before the updated checkout date.

When it comes to food, breakfast is always a well-prepared, comprehensive spread, including a hot station with some variation on eggs/bacon/sausage/ham, a make-your-own waffle station, bagels/muffins/toast/coffee cake, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, and a selection of juices and milk. Breakfast hours extend to a reasonable 9:30 on weekdays, and 10:30 on weekends. Take-out bags are also provided in case you want to grab a couple of items for later in the day.

Tuesday through Thursday nights, a buffet-style dinner is provided from one of several local restaurants, along with free beer and wine. We've found these meals to be hit or miss in quality, but they still provide a reasonable fallback option from eating out during the entire stay.

Rooms were always adequate, but the hotel has just completed down-to-the-plaster renovations in every room with significant updates to somewhat dated decor, completely new furniture (including beds), and HD TVs. This being an all-suite property, each room has at the minimum a full-size refrigerator, two-burner stovetop, cookware, dishes, and dishwasher. Free WiFi is included with the room, and usually works without a hitch--although in one of the rooms we stayed signal was rather weak. Ethernet jacks are also provided, but I've never seen any networking cables in the rooms (don't know if the front desk has any).

Recreation amenities include the courtyard with swimming pool, basketball/volleyball court, and picnic tables with nearby propane grills for guest use; and when the weather is not nice enough to play outside, a selection of several dozen DVDs for free guest checkout at the front desk. Also, if you have young children, there is a nice neighborhood playground about a three-block walk to the south.

Bottom line: this Staybridge has consistently provided a good place to stay with top-notch service and great breakfast for an excellent value. With the recent renovations and updates, it is even better. Based on their track-record with our family, we wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tawnya P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows, responded to this review, July 18, 2015
It's great to hear you're a fan of our place! We're so glad you love the new renovations and took advantage of those kitchens! Thanks for your support and we'll see you next time!

All the best,
Staybridge Suites Denver South - Park Meadows
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Southwest / Littleton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Highlands Ranch

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows? Share your experiences!