“Good staff, but construction work and some other issues were too much”

Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Littleton
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel location is great, close to main roads, train station into Denver downtown (Lincoln), restaurants and shopping centers. Also the hotel staff is friendly.
We stayed for 2 weeks. During this time, the hotel lobby area went through renovations which made the lobby almost unusable and impacted breakfast and dinner services and parking. I think the hotel tried to do the best they could to minimize impact on guests but I think the impact was still too much. Here are my issues with the renovation (and other):
* we were not told that there is a renovation going on when we made the reservation
* the entire North parking area is closed. Is this really necessary?
* you keep running into construction workers whenever you go at ANY time of day
* breakfast is very minimal.
* dinner is limited and for some reason it is not kept warm
* on Labor day, Breakfast ended at 9:30 as if it was a working day (even though maintenance services were on "holiday mode")
* we were informed that we need to change room due to some other work - with almost no notice on a Sunday!
* Room condition: the first room we got was great. The 2nd room had almost no wifi reception, the door needed maintenance, a phone was missing
* the recognition as a Platinum member is ridiculous. Basically you get a bottle of water...

I stayed at other Staybridge hotels many times before.and they were always great. I'm sure that once renovation is over, this one will be good too. I would stay away from it right now...

Room Tip: if you stay while the renovation is on, go for a 1st floor room on the south side
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mango1908
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear mango1908,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club Member and for taking the time to share your comments online.We are more than happy you liked the location of our property and our friendly staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the negative impression and inconvenience you had due to the renovations during your stay. I am pleased to inform you that the full hotel renovations will be completed by the end of October. We have taken note of your comments and this will be used to further improve our efforts. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family and I spent the enitre Christmas season with them. We checked in mid-August 2011 and checked out March 2012. My Dad was having some health problems and Drew, LaShonda, Michelle could not have been a more accomadating staff. We got a fantastic staff, they extened or stay with our needs and the entire staff as a whole was wonderful. They are one of a handful of hotels in the are that take dogs, they offer a courtyard with pool (seasonal), sportcourt, shuttle, dinner Tues-Thurs., breakfast 7 days a week and most importantly for a family of 7- FREE LAUNDRY! They were most certainly a home-away-from-home. AJ was an absolute delight, Jenna was knowledgable and friendly, Mike was accomadating and courteous and Brandina was an absolute delight. I am a frequent visitor to the colorado area and I will plan my trip around the vacancies of this property!

Room Tip: It may be a little bit more, but I encoaurage any family of 4 or more to get the 2 room suite. It do...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights with my wife whilst on a business trip. Firstly, the hotel ticked all the basic requirements - clean, comfortable, spacious rooms. Next, a few things to make the stay a little bit special - excellent free breakfast, free shuttle service to anywhere you want in a 3 mile radius, free wifi, free laundry and even complimentary food on some evenings!
And finally, the real wow factor for us - The amazing, lovely staff. In all my travels I have not had such a team of people. Always smiling, helpful beyond the call of duty. Nothing was ever too much trouble. If work or pleasure brings me back to the area, I would not consider staying anywhere except the Staybridge South Park Meadows.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I love this hotel. I stayed here for two weeks. The hotel staff from the general manager to the housekeeping team are all amazing. They are kind, helpful, and friendly. I am traveling with two little dogs. One is two pounds, the other six. The entire staff knows them. When we walk around the property my dogs are even greeted. They have free breakfasts which are great. Not like the ones at Holiday Inn Express. OK, they are missing the rolls, but this is really a full breakfast!!! Three nights a week they have happy hour including beer on tap and wine. The food is catered in, except on Wednesday when they BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers for us. It is a great social event because the guest get to know each other. This Tuesday night there is someone coming in to give 15 minute massages during happy hour, which are great. She will be bringing her table and even give full massages for only $50.00 which is a really good price. I haven't needed it, but know there is a shuttle and people are always using it to go to work, training, and even chemo appt. Even the washer and dryers are free!

Room Tip: If it is during rainy season I wouldn't suggest the third floor because the hail and storms just...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were booked here thru my husband's company. It was not a good hotel. We started in a room downstairs and in the middle of the night when people above flushed the toilet it was so loud it woke us up. Sounded like a waterfall in the wall. Then the second night a dog in the room next to us started barking. We asked to be moved and the next room was fine, just seemed a little cheap and outdated. When we checked in they asked for a credit card for incidentals. My husband's company had paid for the room already but I found out a few days later that they had charged my card for the room anyway! Needless to say I was ticked. We called and they argued with me about it saying that his company had not paid for it. We contacted my husband's company and they said they did. I finally got my card refunded after arguing with the hotel. Definately would not stay there again. You can find something way cleaner and nicer for the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy H
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear chamberchick,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while visiting our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Connie D

Reviewed May 23, 2012

suite 136 has paint chipping in the shower, one tv does not work, one remote for two tv's, bathroom sink leaks badly on cold water, lights too low to read by in couch room. Snack bar had drink machine broken, Hard to find due to signage being small

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear DHY53,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am pleased you liked our friendly staff service. I am deeply sorry you found your room accommodations less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I recently stayed at Staybridge Suites for four nights on Business. This hotel is very clean, spacious, and grounds were well kept. I have to say the most impressive aspect of this hotel is the staff. I felt like I was in Disney World or Las Vegas or something as the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If you were to ask a request, they would drop whatever they were doing to make sure your needs are met. You also cannot pass by any of the staff whether it be at the front desk, corridor, buffet area without someone saying hello or can I assist. Very refreshing! It is a reflection on the management.

The breakfast buffet was also very good and feel this hotel is an excellent value. My company decides where I am going to stay on business, however I would not have any problem staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Southwest / Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Highlands Ranch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denver Littleton

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver South-Park Meadows? Share your experiences!