“Good place in Southglenn”
Review of Hodson's Grill

Hodson's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hodson's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 430 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arapahoe and University
Transit: The new Streets at South Glenn are located at the corner of Arapahoe and University.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Loved the atmosphere, an upscale "bar" but very comfy and classy. Tasty mixed drinks, altho pours a bit on the small side. Had the tempura lobster tacos, definitely recommend. Friend had Asian nachos which were quite yummy, and tons of nachos but not very much of the toppings, she wished they had more "stuff" on them. Food came out very fast, but there was hardly anyone in there, so don't know if that's standard or not if they're full. Did have an overall good experience, and would go again if in the area, as they have a lot of appetizing things on the menu. Two things annoying: hostess at first seated us at a high top table in the middle of the bar area, when we walked right past several lovely window tables with comfy chairs; we asked to be moved; but why do places try to seat you in the less desirable places first? Second was, we weren't told about the happy hour (nor can I find info about it on their site), altho it WAS happy hour, and one of our items ended up a lot less than on the regular menu, we saw when we got the bill. That was not the bad part of course; it was that if we had known about HHr prices, we would have ordered more from those options instead of the regular menu. Places need to give customers all the options, not just have it for those in the know.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Upon arriving at the hostess station, we were greeted nicely and promptly seated at a very nice window table. After cocktails, we ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. We both had the appetizer, seared sesame seed crusted ahi tuna with sweet soy, wasabi and pickled ginger was ample in quantity for two and the tuna was fresh. We liked it.

We then has the small house salad and it was fresh too. Ample portions because if that was the small size, I can imagine what the large portion is. We liked it.

For the main entrees, we ordered the lobster macaroni and cheese, it was really good and the bacon-wrapped filet and it was delicious too.

For dessert, we had the chocolate mousse with whipped cream and it was excellent too.

Overall, the service was attentive, the food was outstanding and we had a great time.

Definitely recommend Hodson's Grill in Littleton for a Restaurant Week meal and throughout the year too.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Last night I met with friends at Hodson’s Bar and Grill in South Glenn Mall. This was my third visit. I like this place.
Hodson’s has a warm atmosphere - not too noisy and it has a fabulous Happy Hour- unfortunately it is only from 4-6 p.m. The drinks are a real bargain - a very generous pour and the bartenders are efficient and professional. In other words the service is great. This is especially good news because I have so frequently found that food service at the bar can be indifferent. I would advise you to order the house Chardonnay over the house Cabernet.

The Happy Hour menu offers up a nice variety depending on appetites and tastes. I am always very pleased when I see many items that I would love to try. The offerings are from the main menu at a discounted price. Not all the regular items are on the Happy Hour menu - but there is a good enough choice. All of the dishes show attention to presentation detail.

Each time I visit I order the -50/50 SLIDERS-50% Bacon | 50% Beef | Pepper Jack Cheese they come with hand cut chips or french fries- The chips are delicious and so were the fries that I dipped in the artichoke dips. last night the sliders were disappointing - a bit dry and lukewarm. On my previous visits they were fresh off the grill and delicious- they are worth ordering and they are a great value.

I also ordered Grilled Artichokes-Hollandaise | Garlic Cream ~one of my favourite food on earth. They had been steamed and then grilled. Too much water was caught in between the leaves - so the grilled flavour ran off the artichokes. The two dipping sauces; hollandaise and garlic cream were well executed and tasty. This appetizer is a bit messy- word of caution -do not wear white- which of course I did.

My Happy Hour companion ordered Sushi- there was no visible evidence of a Sushi Master on the premises which usually means the sushi is made off site. He ordered Spicy Tuna Roll-Cucumber | Avocado | Sriracha | Ahi Tuna | Sambal Mayo, which was presented nicely and was a very generous portion. My friend enjoyed it and said it compared well to others. I don't eat sushi! so I had to trust him. Also ordered to share was Edamame with Olive Oil | Asian Sea Salt ~ which were undercooked and overly seasoned with what tasted like steak spice- I could not detect any Asian flavours - so I asked for soya sauce to help wash off the extra spices and to add authentic flavour.

I left Hodson’s after Happy Hour - a wee bit disappointed in the execution of flavours and attention to detail with respect to food temperature- but Happy indeed. I highly recommend this Bar and Grill for Happy Hour.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We live near by the restaurant and visit frequently because the food is outstanding and the wine is a good value as well!. The staff always is on top it with very nice service. We always seem drawn to the salmon and the kale salad. Nice selection of Pinot Noir for those who like more complex wines!!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had lunch with an old friend and business associate. Had an intriguing salad with chicken, apple slices, and nuts. It was quite delicious and the service was very attentive and friendly.

The sound level was perfect for conversation and they were pretty busy.