“Victorian Dream Come True”
Review of Mrs. B's Tea Parlor - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mrs. B's Tea Parlor
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mrs. B’s Tea Parlor is cozy and charming Victorian Tea Parlor, located in the ever famous Historical District of Downtown Littleton, Colorado. Its residence is a quaint house which was built over 120 years ago and we have done our best to bring out its personal charm and history. We can only imagine the many people who have resided here, as well as the vast stories these walls could tell. We aspire to be known for our delightful Afternoon Tea experience which offers a large variety of teas, delectable scones ( flavors you wouldn't’t imagine possible) accompanied by the creamiest of Devonshire Cream around. Not to be left wanting, this is followed by tea sandwiches and an encore of mouth watering confections. Truly an afternoon to remember! Afternoon Tea at Mrs. B’s does require a reservation, so that we can personally prepare for your visit. While the traditional Afternoon Tea experience is well known to begin at two-o’clock, Mrs. B’s opens its Parlor for Afternoon Tea at Noon. We have room for over 40 guests! Mrs. B’s offers a Tasty Lunch Menu, serving an assortment of ever fresh and, as we like to say, “a bit fancy” sandwiches. We offer delicious homemade soups, accompanied by fresh baked bread and our salads are always crisp and fresh. We also offer a hot entrée special that is ever changing for that heartier appetite!
Aurora, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Victorian Dream Come True”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

A dear friend of mine treated me to an afternoon tea for my birhday. What a delightful experience it was. The room is small, but cozy is a better way to describe it. The ambience is sweet and invites you to feel welcomed and restful. The food was delicious and the waiter was so very attentive I felt like I was in a royal 5 star establishment. He should be cloned. The prices were reasonable too. Can hardly wait to return with another friend of mine....soon.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank baquilter101

Denver
“Skip the Christmas tea”
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My mother, daughter and I went for the children's Christmas tea and I could not believe what was served...one choice of tea or hot chocolate and the plate of food was made up of M&M's, store bought cookies and brownies and two poorly made "sandwiches", (One was pound cake with some kind of jam or something, the other was a mini croissant with ham and cheese.) Oh, and I wouldn't want to forget the fruit cup, straight from the plastic container, with cheese chunks sitting on top. Gross! Basically everything was store bought and there was no creativity or love , (Where food was concerned,) put into something with so much potential, very disappointing.
I will say that they told a cute story about the Christmas Mouse and had a girl dressed up as a mouse, playing the part, they had another girl dressed as an elf, (Who was so sweet and loving to my daughter,) and they also had Santa come for a visit. My daughter, (Who is 2,) loved it and had fun. She was so excited about Santa being there and was able to take some pictures with him. And while that was the most important part of the experiece because we went so that she could enjoy it, the food was extremely disappointing as was the tea selection. I am very confident that we could have found a better childrens tea and for $19 per person, it wasn't necessarily a bargain.
The women in my family love to get together and go out for tea throughout the year and this is by far the worst we have encountered. In fact, it maybe the only bad "tea" we have encountered.
Sorry, we wanted to love it. I have driven by Mrs. B's many times while in charming Old Littleton and thought it was so cute. And we were all really looking forward to it. But, we will not be back and will not be recommending it to anyone. If our experience is any indication of how their normal high tea's are done, I am not sure how they stay in business.

Recap: Nice staff, fun for kids because Santa etc were there, the "tea" itself was pathetic.

2 Thank jm_stanley
vQh, Manager at Mrs. B's Tea Parlor, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Hello jm_stanley,
I’m sorry that you weren’t impressed with our Children’s Tea Menu. However, this menu is geared towards children aged 3-10 and we do our best to appeal to that crowd. Our usual Christmas Tea Menu includes many items that aren’t “kid friendly” such as seafood, beef wellington, etc. I’d love for you to come back and join us for a tea geared towards adults and tea enthusiasts. Please check out www.teamap.com for reviews on our Traditional afternoon tea. Please feel free to email me at mrsbstea@hotmail.com to discuss further. Thank you for your time and willingness to give us another try.

Valerie Hernandez
Director of Marketing
Parker, CO
“Mrs B's is fantastic”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Food is delicious and plentiful, you'll have to take some home. Terrific service and the atmosphere is like no other. Take your mom, sister, daughter, granddaughter-you'll love it.

Denver
“A Fabulous Afternoon at Mrs. B's Tea Parlor in Downtown Littleton!”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I recently attended the pre-grand opening event at Mrs. B's Tea Parlor, in beautiful downtown Littleton, and was so very impressed with my overall expierience there. The place is a quaint victorian style house, and the beauty of the interior decor, with lovely roses, and white lace, not to mention a fantastic collection of teawares everywhere is immaculate. I couldn't think of a better place to spend an afternoon! The signature cinnimon orange tea was, indeed, delightful, as was the Wedding Day tea my friend was nice enough to let me sample! There wasn't a single piece of food brought out that I didn't find divine! The scones, with fresh cream, were warm and delicious, the chicken salad was some of the best I've had, and I loved the cherry and brie tarts! The desserts were all wonderful, especi... (more)ally the tea cookies, and the Martha Washington Balls. And, there was so much food, we even had to take some home! The gift shop was adorable: the Mrs. B's coffee cups are very cute! And, I was greatly impressed with the service we had. The staff was friendly, and knowlegeble, and they are so good about getting everything out in perfect time. Overall, Mrs. B's is a fine establishment, and I will most certainly be back soon!

2 Thank monpetitechou