“Great Dog Park w/ Beautiful Mountain Views! No toys or water hose.”

Chatfield State Park
Ranked #4 of 39 things to do in Littleton
Pensacola Beach, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great Dog Park w/ Beautiful Mountain Views! No toys or water hose.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a bit of a hard time finding the dog park, but once we did we had a blast! I was worried at first that we wouldn't be able to see the mountains, but don't worry you definitely can and you really can't see the road once your inside. There were lots of people enjoying a jog in the dog park too (for the brave only I guess lol). Everyone there had very well behaved dogs. There was only one couple who had brought their INFANT and sat her in the middle of the park and seemed annoyed when the dogs came up to her SO I have this to say: you are in a dog park people - if you don't like dogs don't come inside the fence - also probably not the best place to sit your infant down by his/herself - use commonsense. Overall this place is A++++ for a dog park - but bring your own toys - there are none inside the park - no balls, Frisbees, etc. There is an $8 fee for the park day pass then a $2 dog park fee - When you pay to go to a dog park where I come from (Florida) there are usually toys and such in the park to play with so you don't have to bring yours and subsequently forget them, your dog loses them in the park, or another dog takes it runs off and loses it in the park - either way the toys stay in the park so I just expected there to be some tennis balls and big plastic water balls in the lake - and there was not. So bring your own, and feel free to leave them for other dogs to play with ;o) There are 2 big clean lakes that the dogs had a blast in - it was a bit difficult for my dogs to get out since a lot of the slopes are pretty steep, but I have unathletic dogs (English bulldog/French bulldogs) so I can't fault the park for this. The park provides plenty of doggie bags and for the most part it seems extremely clean like people are really picking up after their dogs. The other thing I wish this park had was a hose at the exit - my dogs were FILTHY after having played in the lakes then run around on the dirt trails - it would've been great to hose them off. It also would've been great to let them have some water - there is no water so bring your own. We will probably go back though even despite the lack of water and toys - next time we will just come more prepared.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vanessa H

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Chatfield Stables - Pony Rides with kids”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a great experience at Chatfield Stables. My city kids, a 4yr old boy and 6 yr old girl, loved their pony ride around the stables. It was beautiful (a chilly spring day - wear layers) and mellow, and we would all go back again... I recommend this activity.

Note: You need one adult per child (if you want them to ride at the same time, to help make sure they ride safely - ie. hold their backs).

Visited April 2013
Denver, CO
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice Friendly Park”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very nice park, well maintained, lots of space for activities. I have dove here, very easy drive up, hiked here, and taken my dog here. Nice spot. Watch out for rattlesnakes in the summer

Visited February 2013
1 Thank snorkelingsearchers
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Camping on the lake with Mountain Views...Priceless!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've camped here several times and have had wonderful memories. Be sure to reserve WAY in advance of your trip (like 3-4 months or so) to get the outer ring of campsites nearest to the lake and with the best views. That will also get you plenty of play space for the kiddos.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Lara G
Pahrump, Nevada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great family camping, fishing, and more!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Unfortunately, our winter camping experiences have increased due to health issues in Denver, but Chatfield offers electrical sites during the winter in the newest Loop D. They do have a nice laundry room, showers, and restrooms plus access to fresh water and a dump station. I do know people have been ice fishing with much luck and also biking, hiking, and horseback riding until our latest snowstorm! This is a close urban park and we've enjoyed deer, coyotes, owls calling each other during the night, and also many different birds. Canadian geese have become quite a problem. Watch your step! And that of your dog, please pick up after them.

Visited March 2013