“Delightful & Delicious!!”

JaJa Bistro
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Good food,comes in small houses. We are a small french Bistro open for Brunch & Dinner. Many of our dishes have an america element because we try to source locally. We made butcher and cure all of our own meats and at brunch all of our eggs are cage free.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I were running errands and popped in for an unplanned meal at Jaja Bistro...very close to the end of their lunch service; however, we were warmly welcomed and graciously served a leisurely, delicious lunch! My husband had Mussels and said this preparation with its superbly flavored broth was the very best he's ever tasted! I had the extraordinary Poulet Bechamel Crepe which was the most excellent crepe dish I've ever eaten!

The ambiance was charming and we found the French music delightful!

We highly recommend Jaja Bistro and are eager to return!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

So many things were good, but the overall experience was a letdown. Our pate appetizer was delicious, but the bread served with it was terrible--fluffy and tasteless. The wine (a white Cotes du Rhone) was lovely and well-priced, but why wasn't it served in small glasses instead of red wine goblets? Why, in high summer, were the desserts limited to creme brulee, chocolate mousse, and something else I can't remember? Why not a fresh fruit dessert? Finally, I was really sort of surprised that I couldn't get an espresso after dinner--French press is very good, but I'd be up all night. I'm afraid that I won't be back.

1  Thank AllUserNamesWereUsed
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I highly recommend getting a reservation, the restaurant is tiny and can fill up quickly. The reservation system is a little confusing; you call a recording, ask for the reservation and then they will call back to confirm. The inside is very welcoming. The restaurant seemed understaffed and it took a long time to get our drink order taken and then our food order. The menu you see online is basically all you have to chose from except for the four "specials." The specials were disappointing, there was a soup, an appetizer, one meat entree and one vegetarian entree. The portions were small but filling. The real shocker was the price for the different entrees. While they were good, they were not worth the high price tag. I think there are better options for a fancy night out in South Denver.

1  Thank anf720
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Mellow, countryside bistro atmosphere with soft guitar music playing...tasty, strong Joe in your own press, bacon-wrapped dates and smoked ham benedict with perfectly poached eggs. That's it.

1  Thank 29er_Luver
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very rarely do I come across a restaurant that encompasses all of the qualities and characteristics that make for a perfect dining experience. Certainly, we all expect cleanliness, good service and a nice atmosphere. But JaJa's is so much more.

What makes this Bistro the hidden gem that it is, is that it truly does practice the art of "La Tendresse en Cuisine"...the preparation of beautiful food, made with care, thoughtfulness and an appreciation of the qualities of the fresh ingredients. You can easily tell that Chef/owner Stephan Poullier and his culinary staff are truly passionate about their craft, down to each detail...and that their measure of success is excellence and quality, rather than seeing how many tables they can turn a night.

Although there are only a few items on the printed menu, they had a variety of 'off the menu' selections on the blackboard, created with whatever was fresh and in-season that day. The food is classic, yet imaginative. I found it so difficult to make a choice as each one sounded better than the next. The wine list is also fresh and inspired, with enough diversity for every palate and pocketbook.

We ordered and shared the escargot appetizer and the Chef Stephan's "French Sushi", a playful take made with smoked salmon & goat cheese. Both were outstanding. Our entrees included the Truite Amandine which came with roasted brussel sprouts, tender green beans and a creamy almond sauce. The fish was cooked perfectly, and the veggies were tender crisp. My dining parter chose the Blanquette de veau grand mère. (Grandma braised veal blanquette.) The veal was melt-in-your-mouth tender and the creamy stew broth was superbly flavored. Topped it all off with a to-die-for, perfectly crusted creme brulee and the quintessential chocolate mousse.

Our experience at JaJa...and the quality...simply could not have been more superb. Tucked away off Main Street Littleton in a small bungalow, it is the perfect place for romance, socializing with friends or even a big family dinner, all in an unhurried and casual bistro atmosphere with very reasonable prices. Even though the dining room decor doesn't necessarily reflect France, it is lovely, warm and cozy with a cute little bar area in the back. I can't wait to go back to see what the chef will create next!