“Breakfast/Evening reception not up to Homewood standards”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Littleton
Cary, NC
“Breakfast/Evening reception not up to Homewood standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I planned to stay a week on business at the Homewood Suites in LIttleton. While this hotel was not the most convenient location to Highlands Ranch, I thought ti would be worth the few miles extra drive for the "Homewood Suites atmosphere." The rooms were clean and in the very nice, standard Homewood Suites layout. The cable selection was OK. The fitness room had only the one combo machine - no free weight dumbbells even though there appeared to be plenty of room. It had a nice indoor pool area with a hot tub as well. The part that was disappointing was the breakfast. The first day was boiled eggs with lukewarm sausage and hasbrowns. The second morning had eggs and sausage links (a little better). The evening reception was fair with beef stroganoff and iceberg lettuce salad. While the quality was not bad, I tend to expect more of a Homewood Suites - I've had much better breakfasts at Hampton Inns. Usually there is more selection in the morning and evening. My colleague and I decided to check out and seek out another Hilton Honors property in the area. Upon check out the reception wanted to know why we were moving when we had such a great rate (was slightly lower than where we moved to) and avoided discussing the mediocre breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
jridl10, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for your response during your recent stay - all responses and comments are appreciated! Based on you comments regarding the food, we are actively making enhancements to our breakfast and evening reception offerings. I am certain on your next stay with us, you will notice the improvements -I would be more than happy to handle your next reservation with us personally. We are also updating equipment in our fitness center to provide more options there as well. Your comments have been shared with the team members here at the Homewood Suites - our goal is to have all of our guests leave with a wonderful experience from check in to check out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Bit late writing this review, but better late than never.

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Littleton in January for 7 nights. I wanted to be both near Denver and within easy reach of Breckenridge for snowboarding (I was travelling solo so Breck accommodation was way out of my price range). I arrived in Denver in the evening and picked up the hire and drive round. As it was dark on arrival I couldn't really comment on location at the time, but when I woke up, pulled back the curtains, and saw the snow-covered foothills I couldn't believe my luck. A gorgeous view for under $80 a night!!

The staff here were friendly at all times, and the breakfast and dinner areas were always busy. I never had dinner as I was always out, but there was a good choice for breakfast. There was a Safeway supermarket within easy walking distance (although I tended to take the car as it was pretty icy when I was there) and a variety of eating places if you didn't want to cook.

I loved the location - it was right off I470 so just a quick drive round to I70 for the ski resorts or I25 for Colorado Springs. The Ken Caryll foothills were lovely for exploring and Denver itself was just a short drive. Lots of shops nearby too.

The hotel was always clean and tidy, and there was free internet/wi-fi which always worked. Business centre with printer by reception so was able to print my boarding pass before flying home.

I loved staying here and have already booked a 10-night stay for January 2012. Can't believe I used to stay in Denver when this little gem was right here :-)

Room Tip: All the rooms facing the foothills have gorgeous views - top floor even better.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank loxias27
jridl10, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you so much for your response! The staff and myself are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay - we always try to exceed our guest's expectations! We also look forward to your next visit.... we will see you then. Safe travels!!!!

P.S. We will make sure you get a Mountain View room!!!
East Moline
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Everything from check in to check out was great! Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
jridl10, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for your response regarding your previous stay with us at the Homewood Suites in Littleton! We strive to make each guests' stay with us as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I have shared your comments with all the team members; we hope to see you again soon - come and make yourself at "home"!
joplin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Very helpful staff. Free internet, prints, and fax.

• Stayed August 2011
jridl10, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your response about your recent stay with the Homewood Suites in Littleton, CO. We strive to make our guests "feel at home" and the team and I are very glad your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future!
chandler, arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We traveled to Littleton for a baseball tournament with a large group of families. Having never stayed at a Homewood Suites, we realized quickly that we had made the right choice. The hotel is new and was very clean and bright with a spacious lobby and breakfast room. Rooms were as described with king beds, very comfortable with lots of pillows, and a pullout sofa bed. The full kitchen with refrig, stove, microwave, utensils was great for late night snacking and keeping drinks throughout the week. There was plenty of bedding for the pullout which was comfortable for our son. Daily maid service was very good - it's important to us that hotels are clean and they did a fine job here. Ceiling fan over the bed was great and the AC worked well as it was very warm during our visit. Breakfast varied each day with hot choices, all of which were very good, such things as waffles, pancakes, cheese omelets, egg croissant sandwiches, homestyle potatoes, sausage links, along with the standard cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast and pastries. The area remained stocked and the coffee and water were available throughout the day. Evening reception was nice as well with a meal such as orange chicken or pizza and various snack items available along with beer and wine. Complimentary and perfect. The pool area was clean and towels were available. Recreation outside with the basketball courts was awesome for the kids as was the grass lot behind the building. There are several restaurants and a Safeway very nearby thus making it easy to have everything we needed. Thank you to Louis Riley who was extremely helpful in setting up our group reservation. As well, we appreciated the flexibility of checkout on our departure day. We had a wonderful stay in Littleton and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the foothills for a view if you want one
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
jridl10, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel! We are extremely pleased that your group was accommodated and the staff, hotel and amenities suited you. I will share all your comments with the team and again, we thank you for your comments and hope to see you on upcoming travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We checked into Homewood Suites because we were having our hardwood floors redone. We visited this establishment for a total of six nights and 7 days. While we were there, we received incredible service in every manner. From the front desk help, to the dining room staff, to the house keepers, we were very impressed.

However, one evening in particular, my sister-in-law came into town from Utah. She was visiting us at the hotel. Time passed and she realized she needed to make plans somewhere to spend the evening. Though we offered to let her sleep on the pull out couch bed, she decided she would check at the front desk to see if a room was available. Gabriella Terry spoke with her and gave her the room quotes.

My sister-in-law was staying there alone and needed just a small room to sleep in until morning. There were only two rooms available at that late time. One was a two bedroom room at a nightly price of $250 a night and the second was a smoking room for about half that price. We actually went to the room to see if the smell in the smoking room was going to be too strong for her to be comfortable. She decided she would stay but she was not thrilled about it being a smoking room.

SInce it was late, Grabiella spoke to her and told her she was going to go ahead and give her the larger room at the smaller room rate. My sister-in-law was elated. We appreciate Gabriella being so thoughtful in my sister-in-law's situation and we plan to suggest Homewood Suites to all of our family and friends who come to town. Thanks Gabriella!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the Homewood Suites in Littleton as well as Gabriella. It is nice to hear that the team - including Gabriella - are so accommodating and helpful in trying to please every guest. We are glad that your sister-in-law was taken care of. I will share this comment with Gabriella as well as the other members of our team. Hope to see you and your family on future visits!
Dunlap, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

I really wish I could recommend this hotel.
To me, a great hotel is:
* Clean - and smoke-free
* Comfortable (spacious, good beds, chairs to sit on, table - all in good condition)
* Quiet (noise from neighbors suppressed)
* Cost efficient (reasonable price)
* Connected (high-speed internet access)
* Safe Location
* Good amenities - workout room, breakfast (when offered), business center
All supported by a good staff
This hotel was clean, smoke-free, and the rooms were spacious with comfortable beds. The staff was (in general) helpful, the location was safe, and decent restaurants were within a 5 mile radius. The hotel offers both a hot breakfast (with GREAT homemade muffins) and a complimentary light dinner 4 nights a week. VERY nice bonus.
Where this hotel missed the mark is in two critical areas: Quietness and Connection. When we booked our week-long stay, we asked for a top floor room. We didn't get it. The neighbors in 401 (one floor up) continually stomped across the floor in the evening and morning. Fortunately, they retired before midnight and didn't start clomping around until about 8. Their dog barked a few times, but our fan muffled it pretty well. I complained, but the hotel was pretty fully booked. On what became the final night of our stay, we noticed NO clomping in the evening! "Great!", we thought, UNTIL at 3:00 AM, we were awakened by what sounded like bowling balls or concrete blocks being dropped on the floor. Now, we're pretty seasoned travelers - we take along a fan to generate noise to muffle people talking, etc, but these "booms" sounded like the ceiling was gonna cave in. We felt the walls shaking. I called to complain - front desk said "Yes, they just checked in. I'll ask them to be more quiet". About 20 minutes later, the noise stopped, but it took an hour to get back to sleep. THEN these knuckleheads get up at 7:30 and start clomping around again. We went, in person, to speak to the front desk clerk. "No rooms available on the 4th floor" said she. "Okay," we said. "We're outta here." And we checked out.
Connectivity: High speed internet access is pretty much standard these days. A few stodgy hotels still charge for access, but in most cases, it's free. And generally pretty decent. This was not the case here. I check the download speed. Remember back in 1994 when one of the first PC Modems offered was a 28,800 bits/second modem, and you dialed up an internet provider on your telephone? Well, this hotel's bit rate was 90,000 bits/second or 0.090 Mega bits per second, not significantly faster than technology that's almost 20 years old. (If you have cable, you're getting 10-20 M bits/second, so this hotel's speed was 1% of your normal speed!) Getting past all this techno-stuff, the downloads were PAINFULLY slow.
So to sum up: If you're on a business trip and/or need good internet access, go somewhere else. If you want to be guaranteed a good night's sleep, INSIST on being on the fourth floor. (Note, the side neighbor noise is well muffled. We had a family with kids next to us one night and didn't hear a peep.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank westwardh0
jridl10, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding the Homewood Suites. We do try to accommodate every guests' requests as well as take care of every guests' issues. I apologize for you not being on the 4th floor as you had requested; we apologize for you being woken up and for all the noise. The hotel is several years old and was built with soundproofing as much as possible but sometimes a guest on top of you is not a pleasant thing if they are not respectful. We are aware of our internet challenges - in fact we are in the process of upgrading to a higher connection and more mb. This will take place within the next several months. So I apologize that you had to deal with the slowness of what we currently have. We would love for you to come back to visit us in the fall, have a room on the 4th floor and use our fast internet capabilities. Thank you for your comments and I will share them with my team members.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Littleton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denver Littleton
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Southwest / Littleton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Highlands Ranch
TownePlace Suites Denver Southwest/Littleton
Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Littleton? Share your experiences!