“Bad quality food & sushi; Rotting cucumbers; Staff is blah!; Over-priced sushi; Over-cooked Rolls; Avoid!”
Review of Land of Sushi

Land of Sushi
Ranked #23 of 429 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Girl brings two glasses of water to table with no ice in the glass and floating pieces of something in the water.
I asked about it and she said, it is lemon. However, there was no lemon to be found. Maybe it was fragments of lemon from the pitcher they use to pour water.
Anyway, asked for new glass of water – and this time with ice.
WHAT kind of restaurant serves water with no ice?

Salad came out with a rotting old water-logged cucumber in it. Gross. Not edible. Salad was sad and pathetic. Soup was OK.

Sushi is blah. Very small pieces for what they charge. The piece of shrimp my wife got was old and suspect and she was not confident enough to eat it.
Also the tuna sushi was very light pink versus nice flush red that most good tuna is.

She also ordered the Volcano roll. Was over-cooked. Salmon on top was so dry, it was gross. No sauce at all on the roll either.

Servers are awful! They never asked how things were and we had to flag them down to get things we needed.

Don’t waste your money on this stinker fish place.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ok, I’m sorry I can’t give them five stars…honestly I have had better sashimi. I was having dinner with my wife and family on a busy Friday night. We all generally felt the same that the sushi was “ok”, nevertheless our services was impeccable. I can say that Wendy was one of the best waitresses I have ever had in my life. She really knew how to make her customers happy with her attention to detail and infectiously positive attitude!

1  Thank Cozmo1968
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had dinner at Land of Sushi last evening. With one service blip,the meal was decent and priced right for the burbs.

The place was pretty crowded for a little later on a Thursday evening, a good sign. We ordered some sushi, a noodle bowl with seafood and tempura shrimp. About twenty sushi piece selections are $1 each, a decent price for sure. The spider roll was $10 and was passable, not quite as tight as Sushi Den, then again, not much is. Passable though, not bad when the urge hits.

The blip was with the tempura shrimp. They came out slow and when they came out they sat for over five minutes on a little table until we finally said something. Then, the server we corralled had to check that the shrimp were in fact ours. So a blip, the shrimp got cold, and how would a restaurant ever leave them instead of just serving them? Odd.

The noodle soup was the best, quite good and flavorful. It came out though while we were eating the shrimp, so clearly the timing was just off enough to make a difference in our overall meal.

$40 all in for two, works well at the end of the week, now if they could just get the food out timely and properly sequenced.

1  Thank finesilver
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I love this place. We love Sushi Den for the fresh Sushi and atmosphere. If you are looking for a laid back atmosphere and the same quality sushi at a lower price, try Land of Sushi. The staff is so friendly and we always leave there full and happy. We also feel comfortable taking our six year old son.

1  Thank Srlcolorado
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've had many meals here as they're right in my neighborhood. I really enjoy sitting at the sushi bar, watching the chefs at work - such artistry & care goes into each plate. The fish is really fresh (I must admit, I've never ordered off the regular menu - just sushi!) & the tastes are varied. It's a relatively small place, so go early or be prepared to wait just a bit. If you're eating singly, I recommend sitting at the sushi bar.

1  Thank Laura B