“Decent sushi and more in Centennial”
Review of Land of Sushi

Land of Sushi
Ranked #26 of 440 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had dinner at Land of Sushi last evening. With one service blip,the meal was decent and priced right for the burbs.

The place was pretty crowded for a little later on a Thursday evening, a good sign. We ordered some sushi, a noodle bowl with seafood and tempura shrimp. About twenty sushi piece selections are $1 each, a decent price for sure. The spider roll was $10 and was passable, not quite as tight as Sushi Den, then again, not much is. Passable though, not bad when the urge hits.

The blip was with the tempura shrimp. They came out slow and when they came out they sat for over five minutes on a little table until we finally said something. Then, the server we corralled had to check that the shrimp were in fact ours. So a blip, the shrimp got cold, and how would a restaurant ever leave them instead of just serving them? Odd.

The noodle soup was the best, quite good and flavorful. It came out though while we were eating the shrimp, so clearly the timing was just off enough to make a difference in our overall meal.

$40 all in for two, works well at the end of the week, now if they could just get the food out timely and properly sequenced.

1  Thank finesilver

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I love this place. We love Sushi Den for the fresh Sushi and atmosphere. If you are looking for a laid back atmosphere and the same quality sushi at a lower price, try Land of Sushi. The staff is so friendly and we always leave there full and happy. We also feel comfortable taking our six year old son.

1  Thank Srlcolorado
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've had many meals here as they're right in my neighborhood. I really enjoy sitting at the sushi bar, watching the chefs at work - such artistry & care goes into each plate. The fish is really fresh (I must admit, I've never ordered off the regular menu - just sushi!) & the tastes are varied. It's a relatively small place, so go early or be prepared to wait just a bit. If you're eating singly, I recommend sitting at the sushi bar.

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We sat at the sushi bar and watched these calculated masters produce plate after plate of gorgeous and delicious presentations. The service was good, they were REALLY busy and it took some time to get our order and drinks.
It always a compliment to the chef to go with their suggestion and that's what I did and was not disappointed.
The tempura was excellent, the salad and soup top notch. We will go back for sushi happy hour sometime. The prices were a tad high but not enough to scare you away.

1  Thank Jason A
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've been coming to Land of Sushi for the past 12 years, since my sister first introduced me to sushi. I've never had a bad experience here. The sushi is always fresh and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. They've never led me wrong in a suggestion. Some people prefer more of the "exotic" roll experience. Land of Sushi tends to stick to a more simple, traditional line of service sushi by letting the natural flavors come through. They don't tend to use a lot of sauces on their rolls, so for some people who prefer a to have their palates overwhelmed, Land of Sushi may not be "the best" for them. I've been to almost 20 different sushi restaurants in the Denver area, and contrary to the viewpoint of a previous reviewer, I find Land of Sushi to have very reasonable prices in comparison to others, especially considering the quantity (size of rolls - both in diameter and in number of slices) and quality of the fish. I haven't seen any sushi restaurants match them dollar-for-pound in price and still maintain the quality that Land of Sushi offers.

If they ever have their live clam on the menu, that's definitely a treat. If you're a fruit lover, ask for their Fuji roll (not on their menu), and they can usually get it to you if the fruit is in season. Overall, a great experience here... 10 years ago, it wasn't uncommon for my family to be the only ones seated during dinner time and now even on weekday evenings, it's packed. Very glad to see other people have discovered Land of Sushi and are keeping them in business!

2  Thank hkrf0611