“Any port in a storm”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Since the sale of the the Choice Hotel Group to a non-US owner the chain has steadily gone down hill. The path of least resistance is taken particularly by this Motel in Limon. The room TV has been plunked down on the dresser so that space is lost. A wall mount is vital. The doors to enter the place are double with door handles. Trying to get spouse, with luggage, me with luggage through the manual doors is a pain in the neck.
Creature comfort. A huge refridgerator vending machine has been placed in the lounge, breakfast area with a loud compressor. Sitting in the lounge breakfast area is much akin to being in a third world sweat shop. No thanks. No recognition as a Choice Plus gold level member. Wall plugs for computer are poorly placed. This place should be hit by a Choice tiger team for evaluation to continue on in the chain. I would never stay in this place again.
Oh, the trip advisor review need to add not applicable or not used. Room service and or restaurant in this place is non-existant.

Room Tip: Dont do it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silvergoat

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Upon my first time staying in this hotel (the previous week) I WOULD have given this hotel a good review. That changed today. We reserved our room online the day before (5/27/14) a confirmation number WAS PROVIDED. After driving ALL day and reaching our hotel about 9:45 P.M. we see a "no Vacancy" sign on the front door. I go to check in and the hotel manager says when we booked our room online there were no more pet friendly rooms available. There are only a few rooms that pets are allowed in (I understand this concept and respect it). What I DON'T understand is that a phone call wasn't made to us notifying us that we did NOT have a room! The hotel manager claims to have "called us 3 hours prior to our arrival to notify us of the cancellation. We received NO phone calls, cancellation emails or voice mails! GOOD customer service would have called the day the reservation was made or EARLIER in the day- not 3 hours before an arrival of 9:45 PM! Limon Colorado only has a few choices for hotels, so we were left without a place to stay and trying to find a pet friendly hotel.This type of POOR customer service is UNACCEPTABLE and INEXCUSABLE! Luckily we found the LAST room available across the street at Quality Inn. The front desk person was friendly and helpful. The room rate was cheaper and the room was cleaner and better quality. It was also pet friendly. Don't Risk your room being cancelled at the LAST minute without notification. DON'T TRUST this COMFORT INN or their online confirmations! Reserve a room elsewhere or you might be left without a room.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time you room will be cancelled without notification
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Nathan W, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

it was a very unfortunate event that haapened to this guest. i would like to take this opportunity to explain what really happened that day. They stayed here just a few days ago with pets and were extremely satisfied with our customer service and environment and that is EXACTLY why they came back. We get a lot of guests who do like to come back here because of our excellent customer service and we are very gratefull for that. I would like emphasis on one thing that " THEIR ROOM WAS NEVER GIVEN AWAY". We still had their room when they arrived here and i politely explained to them that we still have their room and unfortunately that is not a pet room and we only have few rooms that we take pets in. I also let them know that i did call them 3 hours ago and left a message letting them know about the situation. They admitted rightway that they DID NOT HAVE ANY CELLPHONE NETWORK ON THE FREEWAY so the statement of never notifying them is INCORRECT. They really seem to understand the whole situation so it really came as a surprise to us when we found about these comments on tripadvisor. I went out of my way to find the best possible hotel close by which happened to be right accross the street..I even dial the hotel phone number from my phone and let them book a room . I did everything i could have done to help them find a room to stay with their pets. Repeat guests are a big reason for our successful business and the last thing we would want to do is to send a guest to another hotel in the area where hotel business is extremely competitive. we still want to apologize to the guests for not being able to accommodate them for that night and because they had to spend 5 more minutes find another place to stay.
We take a lot of pride on our customer service and treat each and every guests with utmost respect and we will go extra length to make every guest happy.
Hope this will clarify any confusion or misunderstanding.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

After an unfriendly check in, I got to the room, turned on the computer and my antivirus immediately caught a trojan from their network. At least the front desk was cooperative about resetting their system so that I could check my e-mail. Our room had 2 queen beds, was clean and comfortable, but very small for the price. Breakfast was typical of a Comfort Inn with lots of choices, but the difference was that here the sausage was in a pool of grease, and I mentioned to the attendant that the scrambled eggs were covered with water. Instead of draining some of the water, he poured another bowl of eggs into the water. Breakfast area was much too small for the number off guests. Although nice in some ways, this is not a place I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Checked in and heard dogs barking until 11 pm then they started back up at 6am I told the front desk and she said I knew that was a bad idea . Isn't it against most hotel policy's for guest to leave their dogs unattended not for the comfort inn apparently . For people who travel with pets have some respect for others and your pets.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A lovely place to stay. Very comfortable room for 2 tired seniors. Breakfast was good. Nice pool and spa. Young men staffing desk were very friendly and helpful. Only problem was having to go upstairs for ice. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lou R
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very expensive poor service snow in parking lot not a very good loaves to stay very disappointed for a comfort inn the breakfast was below average for the amount of money that was paid for the room the tax and fees were twice what most places are

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey D
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Spend a night on the way to our skiresort.First room we checked into the heating didn,' t work, also phone was out of service. Complaint and got another room, where everything worked. Staff wasn' t to friendly. Breakfast had everything we needed. Price was a somewhat high for what you get.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family