“A bed and a shower but that's it.”
Review of 1st Inn Limon

1st Inn Limon
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Limon
“A bed and a shower but that's it.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Got in town and it was the only hotel available and it is the cheapest by far. Should have known there was a reason why. Its a shady place in a bad area. The carpet is nasty and around the bed was a lot of debris from a lack of proper sweeping. Do not recommend this hotel will not stay here again. Next time I will invest in a 5 hour energy drink and head to the next town.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Flatlander094

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Norristown, PA
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Face it, the place looks like a real dump. I looked in some windows before we decided to stay and the rooms looked not quite as bad as the outside. We did end up staying, and the room was very worn but at least clean. The drapes were sagging though and didn't close fully. The room had a full sized refrigerator, which is a definite plus when you are taking a long cross country trip and have food with you. The price was cheap and there was some breakfast in the office. Surprisingly with decent coffee and a good selection of teas. But they really need to do something about the overall look of the place if they expect to stay in business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Limon hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Pulled in at 1am & got the Bates motel suite. Off in the corner amidst the ruble of the remodel. I hope it was just late and all they had left, but we had to kill mucho flies before we could get to sleep. Charged us $60 and we were definitely over charged.

Room Tip: I don't know if they have a best room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank boneyard
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2010

beutyfull rooms clean room lovly beds friendly staff out side needs a paint job tho but never judge a book and all that would give it 10 stars if i could beat out the red roof the holaday inn and the Excalaber casino in vegas IMO

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Wow, I stopped here because it was $14 more than KOA and there was a thunder storm. I should have roughed it in my tent, its nicer!
The room seems clean, just really run down. This place is something I would expect in Tijuana. All the trim is falling off and dust is in there. The décor looks like it came from a 1970s trailer. Front desk said my room was remodeled, by what?? By Whom? My TV is the one I had when I was a kid (15 years ago) and was mostly green tint. When I sat on the toilet to make my holy offering I noticed it was more a rocking chair! I even checked underneath to make sure there were no spiders (there were none)! I killed two beetle looking things on the wall, same wall the head board is on. The sheets look like they are older than me(though they do appear clean)!
I think I will sleep with clothes on top of the bed, as it’s not white so I can pretend its clean! I have not opened the refer, scared to see whats in it! Judging from all this I don’t think I will be using the pool!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank dibrom69
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 19, 2009

We booked the room online because it was the cheapest we could find in the area (about $55), but when we rolled into town at 12am the sign over the hotel stated it was about $20 cheaper than the online price. When my husband inquired about the lower fee, we were told we had to pay the online price. We also picked this hotel because they allowed pets and we were traveling with our dog.

This hotel wasn't even worth the $30 some dollars advertised on the billboard outside. It was the nastiest hotel that my husband and I had ever stayed at. Our room door didn't even lock properly and at one time in the middle of the night it blew WIDE open!! When we tried to inspect the windows before oging to bed, we realized there was NO lock on the window. Someone could come and go as they pleased.

The carpeting was 70's styles red shag, prompting us to wonder if it was installed to hide blood puddles and we wondered if it had ever been vacuumed or shampooed. The shower had nasty crusties covering the shower door. I felt compelled to take a shower the next morning because I felt so nasty. Keep in mind I laid down a towel in the shower so i would have to step on the actual porcelain surface. My husband felt so grossed out, we wasnt even able to take a shower.

Neither one of us slept very good. After rolling in at 12am we were hoping for a good night's rest, but we couldn't fall asleep without thinking about bugs crawling through our hair . (We didn't actually see any... just felt like they could be there). We ended up watching TV until 3am. Our dog was also uncomfortable, as he wouldnt lay down and sleep. He paced the room and sniffed the carpet until 3am when he jumped on the bed with us.

We high tailed it out of there by at 6am. All I can say is "DRIVE ON BY... YUCK!"

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Melissa K
Colorado
Reviewed December 27, 2008

This is by far the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. When I say that, I truely mean it. I traveled for 4 years overseas in 3rd world countries on a shoestring & I never stayed in a place this gross. At least the other places I stayed (overseas) took pride in their establishments, regardless of their lack of resources. This place was completley overpriced and made me & I my family feel as if the hottest, longest shower in the world couldn't get the gross off of us. It was HORRIBLE!!!!! Please spend the extra $10 and stay someplace clean & safe. I can't believe this place isn't shut down yet, it should be.

3 Thank CJMColorado