“Okay for travel stop”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Hawesville, Kentucky
“Okay for travel stop”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Okay hotel for stopover. Breakfast offered wasn't very good. Gravy had odd flavor, biscuits little hard, eggs okay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed at this clean hotel on the first and last day of our 3-week vacation. Checking in and out was fast and efficient. The receptionists were fast and accommodating. Friendly, also. Room was clean and a full breakfast was offered. Didn't like the eggs, though. Wasn't impressed with Oscar's Restaurant. Hotel offers a discount for Denny's. But other reviewers didn't recommend. Very windy town when we were there. But, any interruption in the monotony of that drive across Kansas, was appreciated.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Family of four including boys 7 and 10 stayed at this hotel last Labor Day on our way to Colorado Springs. We got a great deal on a family suite with bunk beds for our boys. Our only regret was we arrived late and left early so they really didn’t get a chance to enjoy them. We promised them if we came back we would stay again.

Fast forward to Memorial weekend and we again headed to Colorado, this time Denver and stayed at this hotel on the way home last night. I wasn’t able to get any special deal on the room this time so we were paying full rate. We arrived at 3:30 p.m. and was told our room was not ready and check-in wasn’t until 4 p.m. Really? I inquired about just cancelling the reservation as we were only 6 hours from home and the hotel clerk quickly changed her tune and went to find us a room that was ready.

Once in the room, it was time to watch some TV while the boys played in their bunk beds. The TV reception was pretty snowy and no PPV that I could tell so that blew our plans to order a movie for the evening. After dinner, my husband took the boys swimming. His key didn’t work at the pool so he walked back to the third floor opposite end of pool to our room to get my key. My key didn’t work either. When I inquired at the front desk, the clerk said it wasn’t working and only their keys worked. Well a sign on the door would have been nice. Next we realized there were no pool towels. I inquired about towels which they said were in the dryer and she would bring some in 15 minutes. I hop on the treadmill and after an hour, realize they still did not bring towels. When I inquire again, they said they did bring some (rack outside of pool) and we would have to wait another 15 minutes for another load to dry. The pool was not that busy so if she did bring towels, did she just bring 2? About 10 minutes later, the clerk brings nicely folded cold damp towels. I don’t think the heating element on their dryer was working. If that was the case, just admit it and I would have walked back to our room and got towels from there. Nothing like getting out of a cold pool to dry off with damp cold towel.

While I was on the treadmill, Transformers just came on channel 18 and I told my boys they could watch it back in the room before bedtime. Back to the room for baths. The tub took FOREVER to drain. Then we discover that there was no channel 18 in the room. Apparently it was only on in the exercise room. What a let down for the boys.

As the boys head to bed and my son pulls back his covers, there appeared to be something that looked like vomit on the top bunk sheets. Gross! We called down to the front desk for a change of sheets. Then I realize the beds only have bottom sheets and no top sheet, just a blanket. Gross again. At that point I was too tired to go get sheets and just covered the boys up with blankets and tried not to think about the grossness of that.

The beds were comfortable and the morning breakfasts was o.k. As we were leaving and getting our cooler ready, we discovered a sign on the ice machine that says it was broken. I was so done at that point.

If you are just driving by, need a quick place to sleep, and don’t plan to use any of the amenities, I think you would be fine to stay here. If you are going to hang out at the hotel for any length of time, expect less than stellar service and functioning equipment. We won’t be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 8675309bergman
Richmond, TX
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed there on the way back from Yellowstone. We were directed across the street for dinner which was quite good. It was clean and the arrangements were what I asked for. I dropped my phone in the lobby but did not realize it until my husband called it, and Gena at the hotel answered. She said she would send it to me and she did. I am most grateful, and we will stay there again next time we're on our way to YNP. Thank you again, Gena!
Sally Yates, Richmond, TX.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Positive: New hotel so very clean. Free breakfast. Comfy beds. Great location when you are traveling across I70. Not much else out here! Much better option than staying at any of the exits we passed in Kansas.

Negatives: Wireless internet did not work on second floor. Staff not that friendly. No fridges. Nothing but a Denny's and a couple of fast food places in the area.

Will definitely stay again though if driving cross country.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, TX
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We got a wedding rate of $80, which was excellent value compared to other lodging on our trip from Houston, TX area and return. Even though the hotel was 100% occuplied, we received pleasant service and a far better than average complimentary breakfast.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2009

What a treat to find this lovely, new motel in a small town about an hour or so from Denver. Spacious, quiet, clean rooms in a tastefully decorated facility. China bowl and plates were used for the included breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple