“Eat Breakfast Somewhere Else”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Eat Breakfast Somewhere Else”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our room was just fine. But...

The people who worked here just didn't seem to care. When we checked in at 3pm there was a dish full of their morning rolls sitting on a desk by the check in. They were still there the next morning. Not covered up. Just sitting there. The breakfast supply was horrible. 1 type of muffin. 2 types of yogurt Raspberry and Peach. No white bread. The warm food wasn't even covered. It looked old and we sure didn't want to try it. Unfortunately we just should have ate somewhere else. Just didn't seem like the people working there cared at all. When we walked by the desk we weren't even acknowledged with a hello or anything.

Like I said though...the room was okay. So if you stay here just eat somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with our breakfast selection. I can assure you that the rolls placed near the front desk are always fresh as they are replaced every few hours as to be fresh for any guest that has missed our breakfast or that is looking for a quick snack upon check in. The hot breakfast is placed in a shielded are offering coverage while still allowing an ease of access for our guests. Our breakfast selection ranges from bagels and cereal to omelets and bacon. More than 20 different food items grace our breakfast bar so there is something there for everyone. I do apologize for the service issue that you experienced. Our guest service is an area we take very seriously and this is an issue that we will deal with in prompt fashion. We certainly hope you will choose us once again when your travels bring you through the Limon area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Driving back from a trip out west, if you want to make it beyond Denver, there are limited choices for towns/hotels. Since our last time staying in Limon, there seem to be more choices for hotels and restaurants. This is the second time we've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and would definitely stay there again. Rooms are very nice, although I thought he lighting in the bathroom was a little dim. You can walk right across the street to Oscar's Bar and Grille, what seems to be a local favorite, and get a great home cooked meal. Only negative about the room, was the hand towel rack is situated too low over the toilet and the hand towels were touching the toilet seat lid that was up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lahord59
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are always happy to hear back from our guests. We place a great value on their feedback as it is the best way to gauge our ability to provide the best service possible for our guests. The issue regarding the bathroom lighting is an issue which we have been able to fix simply by replacing the bulbs with a higher wattage. Thank you again for reviewing us and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Limon area.

Sincerly,

Richard Woolsey
Guest Service Manager
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After deciding not to stop in Denver we were so happy to see this hotel. We asked for a top floor room, checked in and all was perfect. It was quiet, shower was hot, room was clean, coffee was good. Ate dinner across street at Oscars, had a good burger with great service. As for the location...once you leave Denver....and before you get to Kansas, this was a great pick!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always love to hear feedback from our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We certainly do hope that you will choose to stay with us again if your travels ever bring you through the Limon area again.
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I loved the stay at the hi express. I had a long drive and was able to stop on my way to denver. The rooms were nice yet walls were thin, but the hotel delivered. Not sure about the breakfast as it was average compared to other hi expresses but it was good overall.

• Stayed August 2013
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've come to expect good quality from Holiday Inn Express, and this one is no different. It was more expensive than other Holiday Inn Express hotels we've stayed at and also the Marriot we stayed at the night before ($159 vs $109). So that was a little disappointing but we're willing to spend a few extra bucks to make sure we have a nice place to stay (there wasn't a Marriot in Limon).

Love the pancake machine!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Limon area.
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I would not stay here again. . . sorry. . . I paid a LOT of money to stay here for one night (I can stay in WAY nicer hotels on Michigan Avenue for the price I paid for this one) and it was just OK. As we checked in it was POURING rain and they allowed the bikers to park their motorcycles under the cupula at the entrance; we were driving a pickup truck and needed to move the items from the bed of the truck into the cab and had to do that in the pouring rain at night. Then we felt very unsafe walking into the hotel. There were about 30 people standing outside smoking and families were out there with kids running through the parking lot - again, very strange. We got to the room which was very pretty, but my husband immediately noticed that it hadn't been completely cleaned so he put towels on all of the bedside tables and the like - he was grossed out but too tired to complain. Then the walls and doors are very thin, as we heard people coming in and out of the other rooms until the last one returned at 1am and then blow dried her hair and sang songs in Spanish over the blowdrier noise - again, very weird. Not a hotel for me.

Room Tip: AWAY from the stairwell and elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I do apologize for the circumstances surrounding your stay. The cleanliness of your room is an issue which will be immediately addressed. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you through the Limon area once again.
Tucson
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife, grandson, and I spent one night at this hotel on our drive from Ouray to Indiana. We just wanted a clean, comfortable stop for the night. And we got that plus my grandson loved the pool... so did I. Breakfast was normal HI-Express. I wish they would have real oatmeal instead of the instant variety, but grandson and wife enjoyed it. Its easy to access I-70 from the hotel and a pleasant stay, we had no problems. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our guests and I was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for the review and we certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you are passing through the area.