“Better than I expected”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Holiday Inn Express hotels rarely disappoint me and I always figure that they are worth a little extra for a new room and a decent breakfast. There is, however, little that separates one of these hotels from the next. Except this one. I felt the friendly and helpful staff added just a little extra to our visit that it set this HIE apart from others we have visited.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We always strive to offer great customer service. We are glad that we make your stay enjoyable and memorable. Hope to do business with you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is pretty normal for a Holiday Inn Express. Things were as they should be for this type of stay. I get a little tired of surveys (not just this hotel!) that get upset if everything is not "Excellent" There is a standard one expects from an HIE property, this property fits that standard. Nothing spectacular to blow your socks off , besides you are in Limon, CO! Staff was friendly and helpful (they are supposed to be! That is their job!) I have never stayed in an Excellent property of any brand.... there is always something that can be done better!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. Feedback is very important to us. Glad you had a good stay and hope to do business again.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 1, 2012

As a Travel Agent, I stay in hotels quite frequently. Over the past couple of years, I've stayed in a few Holiday Inn Express properties, and I've noticed that many of them a brand new, and the rooms and public areas are beautiful. The property in Limon is just spectacular. The decor is absolutely beautiful, and the rooms are spacious and very nicely appointed. They have a lovely breakfast room where they serve a hot breakfast each morning, and there is something for everyone. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in this area. It is a gem!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel. We really try to make every stay as enjoyable as possible for everyone. I am so glad that we were able to make your stay so remarkable. Hope to see you again.
Darby, Montana
Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you have driven eastern colorado then you know what Limon is ( Gas stop or an overnight ) So you know what to expect. I will say this place is a bit overpriced ( but when you are in the middle of nowhere then this is what to expect I would hate to see what they charge when the roads are closed due to snowstorms ) Ok standard HIE room and not to bad I did not get the " Pillow top " mattress either so I know what the other reviewer was talking about. Overall not a bad place for an overnight stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent trip. We strive to offer the best service possible for guests and feedback is the best way to acieve that. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Check in was fast and friendly. I used reward points otherwise I probably would not have paid the price they were asking for a quick overnight stay.
There are other hotels in the same area that looked as nice.
My room was large and clean.With little fridge and microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Little shampoo and soaps . The air worked great , shower was easy to use. The TV had a limited amount of channels. Internet worked fine.
Ice and soda machines are on the first and 3rd floor.. I was on the second floor but taking the elevator up one floor was no big deal.
I didn't swim in the pool which is indoors, but its small and the area didn't look inviting.
Dinner options are a few fast food places, a Dennys and another restaurant across the highway.
There are a few other places to eat but you will have to get back on the freeway and exit off .
(Pizza Hut and Wendy's)
I left early in the morning so I didn't try the breakfast.
The only thing I didn't care for was the amount of sounds I heard all night.. the walls may be a bit thin. If you are a light sleeper. And getting in and out of the hotel was a little confusing.
Happy Trails

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to know what guests think about our hotel. Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy travels.
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here Monday on the way out to Colorado, no vacancy, so I was glad we had made a reservation. The guy checking us in said its very common...they are sold out most of the summer. I used some reward points and paid a small fee...I think, (the online reservation system is confusing when using points)
Fast check in
Clean, large room, I think ours was handicap accessible, right next to the elevator, but we didn't hear it
Refrigerator and microwave
Decent breakfast, but hey, it's free and surprisingly not busy
We had to park on the street since we were pulling a pop up, no big deal, several other trailer types there too

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to offer the best stay possible. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.
midwest
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for the night, very quiet despite being sold out. Really enjoyed the large bathroom with step in shower (no tub) and details some overlook like soap dish (wet soap -pet peeve). Breakfast bar Bette than most in regards to selection and quality of cooking. A top 10 HIE.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you on your travels again.