“Start Over”
Review of Super 8 Limon

Super 8 Limon
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is time to start over, tear it down, and build a new place. Handy location, however the building is even past remodeling, in my opinion. I found the Super 8 on my GPS, which itself is out-dated, and made reservations while on the road. It was late when we checked in and took a room for fear we would not find another after a day of driving cross country. The bathrooms were decent...they have been remodeled. The room furniture was tired and worn and smelly. The doors to the rooms were in need of replacement. The lobby and breakfast area was worse. The check-in area was a mess and the electrical/computer? wiring was quite scary. I saw this as we were leaving. Should have left sooner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The best part of my stay was the friendly staff. They were all very nice. The hotel is run down and smells of cigarette smoke. However I was in a non smoking room that was free of the smoke smell that was permeating the rest of the building. There was a lot of highway noise due to the close proximity to the interstate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Expensive, not worth it. We asked if AC worked we was told "of course" we roasted all night. Rooms are filthy, ashes on floors from previous occupants. Beds are like rocks TVs are old rooms and halls smell. We was charged 10.00 for our dog, would have rather slept in our truck. There are 3-4 other motels on same exit, try them!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. We made reservations while on the road and after pulling up to hotel wished we could cancel. It was old and everything is outdated and dirty.

The guy at the front desk was very nice but that is the only good thing I have to stay about this hotel.

He told me not to put the air conditioner above low or it would freeze up. On entry to the room one key worked and one did not. After that neither key worked. I had the guy at the front desk reset the keys but still neither worked. The guy at the front desk offered to come up to the room to try and fix it but since we were only there on night my husband and I just made sure one of us was in the room if the other needed to go out.

The carpets and walls were dirty.

I would never stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple