“They Were Convenient”

Oscar's Bar and Grille
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Limon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I read the previous reviews prior to going to this place. Was interested in the free appetizer of the month. It ended up being fried zucchini which was very tasty (got Ranch dressing from the salad bar for dip). The servers were very pleasant and friendly. I can't say enough about them - very accommodating. The food was adequate. I'd have liked salsa for my burrito and it had about a cup of rice in it which I didn't expect. The salad bar was meager but for $2 extra you can't expect much. I'd probably eat there again if I found myself in Limon. The place gets four stars because of the great staff.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

After a 12 hour day on the road, it is nice to find a hotel with a restaurant within walking distance where we can get a nice meal with some "fork food". I was optimistic after reading the other reviews and looking at the online menu, that we would be able to find a nice meal here.....after all, I'm not that picky. And what do you expect in such a small town anyway?
The young woman who was the hostess was also our server and was sweet, friendly and attentive. She was also very apologetic about the food, even though she had no control over that. We got a variety of items off the menu...roast beef with mashed potatoes which were congealed and appeared t o have been reheated, a salmon salad with aging iceberg lettuce and dry, over cooked salmon, and a grilled steak that was descent and cooked the way we had requested. The food was warm but not as hot as it should have been. All in all it was a disappointing experience and we won't be back.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Oscar's is just off the highway, clean with lots of food choices (from burgers to pot roast w/potatoes or seafood plates. Salad bar looked nice). Prices were reasonable. The waitress was quick and very attentive, and our food was ready really fast. This is a wonderful option to grabbing fast food while on the road.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Dinner was delivered very quickly. nice atmosphere wit lots of movie memorabilia

Reviewed December 24, 2011

It was a bit chilly in the restaurant but the service and food were good.