“Old 1950's Motor Lodge”
Review of Alps Motel

Alps Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leadville
Alps Motel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Leadville
Portola, California
“Old 1950's Motor Lodge”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our party stayed here in August 2013. We were riding all the trains in Colorado. Our first impression was to drive by and check out what else was available in Leadville. We decided to stay because of the $50.00 per room cancelation fee. The beds and carpets were old. I have asthma and I am very allergic to dust mites. I opened the windows in front and in the bathroom just so that I could breath. I would seriously not recommending this motel to anyone with asthma.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bearwoman54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Colorado
Reviewed April 26, 2013

If this hotel hadn't been recommended, I probably would not have stayed here. It is very small (I think 8 rooms total?) and looks very old from the outside. The people who own it are VERY nice, they hand out a little trifold pamphlet and tell you where to eat and what to see and do. Other reviews have said that it is clean, and it really is! The room I stayed in was right next to the highway, so I could hear trucks, but I still slept fine (maybe bring earplugs if they put you in that room). The room I had came with a little kitchenette. They accept pets with conditions. If I stay in Leadville again in the near future, I'll stay here again. All of that is the good news - the bad news is that the property is for sale, so who knows what it will be like in the future?

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room away from the highway, although the noise wasn't too bad (of course it was...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ColoradoHappyhiker
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This is an older motel. The bathroom has been updated but nothing else. The room is still old, dark and beat up. The bed has the worst mattress I have ever tried to sleep on and the pillows were sacks of foam blocks. On the good it was clean.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank BorisHern
Reviewed August 12, 2012

VERY clean large rooms with micro, fridge and sink. Updated bathrooms. Very friendly owners and staff. Only suggestion would be to update bedding. Otherwise, excellent place to stay in Leadville. Pet friendly a plus.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank MountainMother
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The bathroom looked new and was spic and span. This older motel on the edge of town had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The owners are proud of their town and were helpful in describing the areas of interest and best restaurants in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The room was immaculate. It was quiet and very nice. There are not a lot of places in Leadville and I think this was the best choice.

Reasonable rates and they were very nice. We loved the recycle bins.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara99932
Lisle, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed at the Alps Motel after climbing Mt Elbert and storms were sweeping through our campsite so we would have taken any room available. We were pleasantly surprised we found a room at the Alps. The motel is located just a block or two away from the downtown strip of Leadville. We walked to a restaurant for dinner. The people that own and run the place are very friendly. We had a very good nights sleep. Some of the other places in town looked very run down and appealing a rougher clientele than what I was comfortable with having 2 young boys with me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronald N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leadville
Delaware Hotel
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center
The Twin Lakes Inn
The Twin Lakes Inn
#1 of 2 in Twin Lakes

Been to Alps Motel? Share your experiences!