Columbine Inn & Suites
$109
$106
$230
$205
All reviewsbagelscontinental breakfastsmall townking suitepillow toprocky mountainsbreakfast areaold schooldowntown areahotel roomthree nightsbed was comfortablegolden burroski coopernothing fancywould stay here againlobby
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I booked two rooms (for the Leadville 100 mountainbike race) for a Thursday through Sunday checking out Monday. I arrived in Colorado on Wednesday (a day early) early and was able to get a room that night for 87 dollars (the rest of the reservation was for 165 per night). At check out we found out the rate for Sunday night was 95 per night for other people who had stayed. When I approached the manager about the discrepancy I was told that since my reservation included the Friday and Saturday peak nights for the race they booked every night at that price. If I had booked the Thursday and Sunday nights under a different reservation the rates would have been lower (this was not explained when I made the reservations). My experience with other hotel reservations is that the rates are changed per night if your reservation runs through peak and non peak times.

I left feeling very taken advantage of.

With regards to the amenities:
The breakfast is average and the Towels are old and thin. The internet worked fine...

The rudeness and in my opinion blatant rip off for the rates over the time of my reservation are inexcusable. I highly recommend trying any other hotel in Leadville before giving the Columbine Inn your business.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Jim H
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Not many choices of hotels in Leadville. This one was ok. Have to look past the mildewy odor and tattered towels. The lobby was nicely decorated but how many lace table doilies and fake flowers do you really need? Breakfast hours were short and food was the run of the mill.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 9191traveler
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed in Columbine for five days in June, 2014. The hotel is clean and well maintained. Ther breakfast is plentiful and the owner is amicable. We were a little taken aback with the number of posted rules, but overall the experience was a very positive one.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Tyler-Jim
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed here while training for the Leadville race series. This is by far the best place to stay in Leadville. the hotel is always comfortable, and clean. Everything works properly, the Internet is fast and the cable TV covers all of the popular channels. Breakfast starts at 6:30 AM and everything is fresh and laid out nicely in the clean breakfast room.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Chris L
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night at the end of September 2013 in order to ride the Leadville Colorado and Southern Railroad for the fall colors tour. A neighbor had recommended this property. The room was clean (very important to us) and pleasant. Kind of more of a "no frills" stay, but that was fine with us. Our only disappointed is the breakfast was very basic (continental), but not a deal breaker. Overall though it was a fine stay for our purposes.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor, southside face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple