“Stay Away!!! Really Stay way!! This is not a good hotel!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leadville
Silver King Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Leadville
Seal Beach, California
“Stay Away!!! Really Stay way!! This is not a good hotel!”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The Silver King Hotel sign is secured with bungee cords...need I say more? The hotel is disgusting, the windows don't shut and the doors to the entrance both front and back do not close so there is no security. The room was filthy and they have old beds (yuck) and the rude manager said they just remodeled?...We tried to get our money back since we have a kid and she didn't feel safe, but he said no way since they have no guests (check the parking lot) they need the money. We had to stay literally stayed across the street at that another hotel. Silver King cost more than the one across the street plus it had air conditioning. Silver King smells, has no air conditioning, filthy, unsecure and greedy (we paid for both hotels). Save yourself some time and don't stay at the Silver King.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank FunTraveler1234
ferg80461, Manager at Silver King Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Our sign unfortunately was taken out due to wind. We were awaiting a new sign that was installed at the end of August. Unfortunately this takes time due to working up new graphics and having the installation completed. I never stated that you couldn't have the money back due to us not having any customers and needing the money. I tried to move you to accomodations that would feel more secure for your family. You at that time stated that you needed airconditioning to apply makeup for a wedding, since we didn't have air you stated that your makeup would melt. Also you had tried to cancel your reservation before even seeing your room per a phone call earlier in the day. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our hotel. I also feel it is unfair for unjustified false remarks in your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Arrived in Leadville late, wasn't sure on my options but noticed the Columbine had no vacancy...so opted to just stop at the Silver King..across the street. Staff was incredible friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean, a little warm-but they offered box vans to help cool your room down. And then I laid on the bed...bed full of springs and foam pillows. I sleep easy but this truly was impossible to sleep.
I do believe they offered breakfast although I opted for a cafe in town.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelingtoday
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This hotel was more expensive than the Best Western in Montrose. The room was nice but, that is where it stopped. The springs in the bed not only were felt when running your hand over the mattress but, when laying down you could feel every one and where they touched you body. I spent 3/4 of an hour calling the front desk not only by the room phone but, my daughters phone and got nothing but voice mail. This was 45 minutes before the lobby was supposed to close. It said to leave a message but, there was no way to do that because it would not take a message. The temperature had dropped below 30degrees and I was not prepared clothes wise to run over to the other building to hunt some one down. My daughter and I had a terrible night and slept very little. There was so much state electricity in the blankets that we lit up the room with sparks trying to shift in the beds to find a comfortable spot to go to sleep in. They spent a lot on the furninshings but, forgot the most important after a long day of hiking or sking....A COMFORTABLE BED TO SLEEP IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank maduck11111
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Lots of room and the kitchenette made things easy. My only complaint is the beds....you can FEEL the springs. Pillows must be new bcs they were nice and fluffy. The hotel needs work on its curb appeal, but I would stay there again. Suite had 2 queens and fold out + kitchenette. Cont. Bfast was typical. Fine for our family.

• Stayed July 2010
colorado
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My family and I went for an overnight trip to Leadville and wanted an inexpensive place to stay. This place was really great. We arrived 2 hours early, and the desk clerk was very friendly and said we could check in early if we were willing to take an upstairs room. We were given a very nice, clean room. The breakfast was quit good (waffles, juice,cereal, toast). The location is great too: minutes away from the Leadville Train, downtown area, and right across the street from a Grocery store (a note: our room didn't have a fridge. That would have been a plus!) Just a small gripe about the room: It doesn't have A/C, so it was warm at night. The place is really basic and a great value for cost.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2010

While this hotel had a great deal during our stay ($80/night included two lift tickets), the bed fell an inch or two on one side when you got in it. The overall room was ok and the continental breakfast was good. When I left an article behind upon checkout, the girl at the front desk told me she would retrieve it the next day and ship it to me. Upon inquiring the next week when I didn't receive it, the manager refused to send it to me without me paying for it. Even after I told him what the front desk girl told me, he still refused.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Our first room was next door to a "pet" room that had a barking dog. We asked to be moved and were sent to a dirty room that had a bed like a trampoline, foam rubber pillows that were almost flat, a sink that was clogged and a very dirty carpet. This was mid-July and the heat was still on. I was told their is no way to turn it off. They gave me a fan to put in the window, but we were in the front and could not leave the curtains open due to pedestrian traffic past our window. I went back to the desk clerk and her reply was that there is no maintenance or repairs on weekends. I asked for another room after the first night and was told. " I don't know what you like in a bed so I can't move you." I asked about the cancellation policy and was told it is 24 hours. I wanted to move across the street to another motel but was told I'd be charged for the room if I left. The included breakfast is mediocre. I spent time on their website after our stay to find a way to communicate to management, but their is no way to do that through the website. I didn't find any of the accommodations listed in their website to be available. It was expensive, $209 for two nights including tax for two people.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cory1776
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leadville
Delaware Hotel
#6 of 8 in Leadville
The Twin Lakes Inn
The Twin Lakes Inn
#1 of 2 in Twin Lakes

Been to Silver King Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!