“Terrible bed; manager non-accommodating”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leadville
Silver King Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Leadville
Houston, Texas
“Terrible bed; manager non-accommodating”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

While this hotel had a great deal during our stay ($80/night included two lift tickets), the bed fell an inch or two on one side when you got in it. The overall room was ok and the continental breakfast was good. When I left an article behind upon checkout, the girl at the front desk told me she would retrieve it the next day and ship it to me. Upon inquiring the next week when I didn't receive it, the manager refused to send it to me without me paying for it. Even after I told him what the front desk girl told me, he still refused.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Our first room was next door to a "pet" room that had a barking dog. We asked to be moved and were sent to a dirty room that had a bed like a trampoline, foam rubber pillows that were almost flat, a sink that was clogged and a very dirty carpet. This was mid-July and the heat was still on. I was told their is no way to turn it off. They gave me a fan to put in the window, but we were in the front and could not leave the curtains open due to pedestrian traffic past our window. I went back to the desk clerk and her reply was that there is no maintenance or repairs on weekends. I asked for another room after the first night and was told. " I don't know what you like in a bed so I can't move you." I asked about the cancellation policy and was told it is 24 hours. I wanted to move across the street to another motel but was told I'd be charged for the room if I left. The included breakfast is mediocre. I spent time on their website after our stay to find a way to communicate to management, but their is no way to do that through the website. I didn't find any of the accommodations listed in their website to be available. It was expensive, $209 for two nights including tax for two people.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cory1776
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Stayed one night at the Silver King and it was fine. The room was modern and clean. The breakfast and service were good. You have to remember that Leadville doesn't have much there and Silver King looked about the best. The carpet was stained but not gross. No A/C so had to open the window and blinds so people walking by could see us in bed. On main drag so kind of noisy with the window open. I would stay again if I were staying in Leadville overnight but probably would have moved on to another location on our way to Colorado Springs.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed here for two nights and hardly slept a wink because the beds were so bad. It felt like we were sleeping on the springs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The room suprised us with how large and well-appointed it was. It felt more like a lodge than a budget hotel room. A few problems: no air conditioner means no way to circulate air in the room and even more importantly, no way to drown out noise from next door or the parking lot. Bring your own pillows since those supplied are like pancakes. The view is incredible and the breakfast was good. If they just put an AC in the rooms for noise control, this would be a slam-dunk.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JRM_Auburn
Germany
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We'd booked a single queen room as that had been the only possibility the booking engine came up with. We were very happy to be upgraded to a king at check in.

Our room was large, well laid out and equipped. The bed and pillows were good. The rooms have no a/c, which theoretically you don't need in Leadville's temperatures. But the room did get a little stuffy at night. The views around the motely are magical. The mountains felt close enough to touch.

The breakfast room was the best of our trip. Not only did it have more than enough tables for everyone, distributed over 2 rooms, but the items weren't crammed into a corner as with most places we stayed. 6 cereals, sweet and savoury bakery items, waffle makers, fruit, boiled eggs, juices, milks, coffees etc, were all laid out over a large area where everyone could easily get at them. It made for a much appreciated stressfree start to the day.

The staff at the Silver King Inn were wonderful. A big thankyou to the ladies who recommended Quincy's and The Grill to us, we really enjoyed both those meals. And Dzien dobry and Dziekuje to the lovely general manager. We hope to be back one day!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2009

This is a very good value - in general, Leadville really is. We chose the hotel b/c of its pet policy (very generous - $10 fee, no restrictions). It is on the "outskirts of town" meaning before the 1st taffic light, but was completely close enough. The breakfast was fine - mostly cereals/toasts/danishes - they have a waffle-maker but it takes a long time & is kind of annoying that way. But I liked it was included - we grabbed a yogurt for later. Large rooms, enough for a few people. Relatively clean, the bedding is little worse for the wear. The dog thing is great that they take them, but in the winter, there isn't really a designated walking area & the town has no dog park, so that was a little disappointing at least for us. This is 1 exit to the road to Ski Cooper, which is great. There is free Internet access & very nice staff. All in all, I would stay again b/c of the value. HUGE HINT: If in the main bldg, stay on the 2nd floor - floors are verrrry creaky & our upstairs neighbors kept us up even though we are not light sleepers.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leadville
Delaware Hotel
#6 of 8 in Leadville
The Green Bridge Inn
The Green Bridge Inn
#1 of 1 in Red Cliff

Been to Silver King Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!