“Good food, great service”
Review of Grill Bar & Cafe

Grill Bar & Cafe
Ranked #12 of 31 Restaurants in Leadville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Johnstown, Colorado
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We decided to check it out after hearing about it from locals since I've moved here. Took the family. It was pretty good food. Our waiter was excellent. Very friendly, kept our kids entertained. Definitely a keeper. Thanks!

• Visited April 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“Best Mexican Food in Leadville”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

There are not a lot of dining choices in Leadville, but this place has consistently been one of the very few that we've enjoyed. They have good Margaritas, a pleasant patio and many standard mexican plates. There's nothing unique about the food, but it's consistently good.

Visited August 2012
Boulder Junction, Wisconsin
“Great Margaritas”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hometown Mexican restaurant has okay atmosphere, good food and wonderful service. It gets noisy when crowded, but there is never a wait. The margaritas are outstanding.

• Visited December 2012
Gillette, Wyoming
“After ski-day dinner”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent 5 days in the Leadville area and saved a trip to The Grille for the last evening's dinner...and we not disappointed at all. Our waiter was very friendly and made sure that our meal was served quickly and hot. The meat sopapilla's were awesome and my son said that the fajita burrito was as awesome or better. And of course the margaritas (yes the is plural indicating more than 1) were terrific. The only hiccup was the price...I'm not one for complaing about price for a good meal, but just be aware that things do add up quickly (extra bowl of "complimentary chips" as well as the green chile add-on. That being said, I would definitely return for a meal...but couldn't afford more than one in a trip.

• Visited January 2013
Carmel, New York
“Totally Disappointed & Embarrassed”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

After about 40 years of dining at "The Grill" our last dinner and I do mean LAST dinner was embarrassing to me and my guests who came from as far away as Phoenix, AR and Juno, AK. Our food eventually came out and ranged from over done to burnt. When I finally was able to get the waitresses attention she was less than receptive to my concerns and walked away. A while later the hostess came over and told me that anything with red sauce ALWAYS comes out black and that the other dishes were just not bured but just very brown. I explained that in the last 40 years they have not. She later explained that she shouldn't argue with the customers. I agreed and asked that she replace the enchilada dinner by cooking the enchilada and then putting the heated red sauce on top so that it wouldn't burn. It came out about 20 minutes later, everyone else at the table had finished their dinners, and it was cold. I said that I needed to talk to "James" (owner James Martinez) and it was then that she let me know that she was James' wife. I later emailed James and as of yet have not received a reply. Thus this was my LAST dinner at "Grill Bar and Cafe".

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank eazmann

Been to Grill Bar & Cafe? Share your experiences!