“Just OK”

Cookies with Altitude
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Leadville
Cuisines: American
Description: Cookies with Altitude is an amazing bakery in Leadville, with homemade cookies, fudge, doughnuts and bread. They have started serving breakfast and lunch as well. Sherry Randall is the owner.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stopped in for coffee, cookies and fudge, which we found to be overpriced and not really great. The service was friendly though.

2  Thank brifel28

Reviewed January 24, 2013

So glad Alpine Adventures told us about you! Fresh baked cookies righ out of the oven were delicious! Leadville was such a cute place to visit!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My friend and I wanted to try its cookies even after reading reviews. I got 3 double chocolates and My friend got one each of the double chocolate, pumpkin, and ginger. We split a chocolate and the ginger. The ginger was very interesting as it had lots of ginger and tasted like they use fresh ginger. The chocolate was good too. They also have homemade fudge but we did not try it. I would not say they are the best cookies I have ever tasted but worth trying. Remember, baking at altitude is different than baking at lower elevations.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We did six cookies (silver dollar cookies, 6 for $6) and were disappointed. Maybe because of the altitude, cookies don't get as chewy or maybe because it was a little cold? I couldn't even eat the one that had a ginger candy inside of it because it was so strongly ginger and not candy, if that makes sense. The chocolate chip one was dry but at least it tasted better than the others. We pretty much just threw the rest of them out. At least the coffee was good? Good effort but wouldn't come back.

6  Thank TravelSeeker22
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I've been to this bakery a few times and every time they had a poor selection. They're prices were too high for the little that they did have. I will not try this place again.

4  Thank Debby61