“Warm, Cozy and Delicious!”

City on a Hill Coffee & Espresso
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Leadville
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Warm, Cozy and Delicious!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful hearty breakfast with outstanding coffee at City on a Hill Coffee & Espresso. The staff were courteous and friendly. We knew we picked a great restaurant when all of the locals started streaming in over the hour that we dined. The owner warmed our cups before we poured our coffee--just as I do when we eat at home. From the quiche to the breakfast burrito, cranberry scone and pecan roll it was worth the 3/4 mile walk into town from our hotel. We loved the coziness of the cafe, from the wood floors to the exposed brick, sofa, and the variety of tables and chairs.

• Visited January 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful Surprise and Gluten Free!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised with some of the best espresso I've ever had and some fabulous gluten free selections. Having dietary restrictions is a real pain for our family, and many others', therefore it is so nice to have a company take into account the growing population with these restrictions and put a concerted effort into quality GF foods. The GF peanut butter cookie was the best I have ever had, GF or otherwise. My husband raved about the breakfast burrito and our very picky children devoured the turkey bacon wrap. They even gave us gluten free bread so my daughter could put her half of the wrap on it. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and honest. Over all this was the best culinary experience we had in Leadville. We will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great surprise, gem of a coffee shop”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Just stopped in for lunch as my hubby is a coffee geek and was attracted by the fact that they roast their own. I was just hoping to find something that I could eat since I'm on a gluten free diet. They had fantastic GF peach coffee cake and GF cookies. I was also able to get GF bread for a sandwich. We liked our sandwiches, fresh and full of flavor. Mine was the roasted veggie and came out slightly warm, mmmmmm! Coffee also met my hubbies approval. Nice artwork on the walls and service was very friendly and efficient. Will definitely stop again next time were in Leadville.

Denver, Colorado
“Good coffee and breakfast burrito”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Mexican breakfast burrito was very good. The hot chocolate was ok, but my husband loved the coffee. Very casual, relaxing atmosphere

Visited September 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Try the breakfast burritos.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stopped in here Sunday morning this past weekend for real coffee and a bite of breakfast. We don't miss this place when passing through Leadville. Try the breakfast burrito with black beans and Manchego cheese...wonderful! Also had an apricot scone as an appetizer before the burrito. Nice, friendly and inviting place for great coffee and a hard to choose from selection of bakery items.

• Visited September 2012