“Really”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Buena Vista, Colorado
“Really”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have wanted to try this place for quite a while but we left quite disappointed. Bloody Mary was good. We ordered 1dz wings,rec'd 9....told the waitress " oh I know we keep telling her to change that". Next, meatball sand with peppers and onions on a pretzel roll, comes without the peppers and onions and on a plain roll. My husband had a mushy roasted chicken, instant mashed potatoes and frozen peas and carrots. And I wouldn't even mention this otherwise but our wings were supposed to come with celery ......

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank PAO2468

Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Nice Setting, Ordinary Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had lunch at this hotel-based restaurant. The hotel, restored to its 19th century glory, is a beautiful, eclectic, eccentric place, with much of the ground floor lobby returned to its retailing roots. The hotel's original builders were retailers, and a broad range of tourist-oriented goods, including a lot of quality items, abound. The restaurant is tucked away in the back of the main lobby, and serves breakfast and lunch. We found the food well-prepared and tasty, but nothing out of the ordinary in today's competitive restaurant business. My wife had a Reuben sandwich that she termed, "good and tasty". I forget what I had, except that it wasn't objectionable. The chips that accompanied it, advertised as "house-made", had little zip or intense potato flavor.

I would recommend Callaway's for the lobby and a look through all the goods on sale. The restaurant? Meh.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tom T
Twin Lakes, Colorado
“Located in the Historic Delaware Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Located in the historic Delaware Hotel. Food and service is good. Daily specials offered and menu is great. After enjoying your lunch or dinner take a few minutes to enjoy the gift shops that are located in the hotel.

Visited March 2014
Leadville, Colorado
“BEST LUNCH EVER!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have eaten at this resturante for a long time and Find it to be Right down to earth. Pay no attention to the bad reviews from city people that come in and think they need to be served on a silver platter. The food is good the service is EXCELLENT!!!! I will be bringing my family to this establishment in the future. Keep up the AWESOMENESS!!!!! Thanks for a great experience!!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Tobinator001
Twin Lakes, Colorado
“Limited, unappealing menu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Delaware Hotel is a great property so decided to have lunch at Callaway's inside the Hotel. Unfortunately, not a good choice due to two factors: (1) very limited menu; and (2) poor quality of the food, in this case a chicken sandwich special which was about all I could find on the menu that I selected by default. Service was fine and attentive (it was not crowded this day), but couldn't compensate for the food.

• Visited September 2013