“Total heap and unsafe.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leadville
Mountain Peaks Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Leadville
Reviewed April 4, 2012

First of all the management is NEVER in the office even though the open sign is always on you have to call them on a phone (that sometimes works), wait (in the freezing cold), and then check in/out. Then we were directed to the "Apartment in the back". Great! We thought it would be nice for the $70 a night we paid (even though the website says $40+). We got through the unplowed drive way and trudged up to the door. After working the key for five minutes we got in. It was 6 degrees outside and it was 20 degrees inside. The problem was that the thermostat was sat directly on the heating unit (which was made for a doublewide mind you) and to get it to 60 degrees in the place we had to turn the thermostat up to 90. There were two electric space heaters in the living area and the bedroom but one of them was completely broken. Next to the furnace was a picture on the wall that covered up a hole in the wall where cold air was pouring in (see photo). While there were a sink, oven and refridgerator, there was not one single utensil in the entire place. Not even a tea kettle. The tellie was about the size of my laptop monitor and the HBO (or even local cable) reception was AWFUL (see photo). There was a bedsheet over the window that was actually STAPLED up there. There was a plastic rack for placing clothing but it served best as a towel rack as there wasn't one in the bathroom. There were free samples as toiletries (still in the plastic wrap (see photo). There were nails in the walls in the bathroom. The bathroom light was all melted because the wrong fitting was over the heater (see photo). The light in the bedroom was missing a cover (see photo). And my partner noticed (he works in the building sciences industry) that the in and out piping to the furnace was done incorrectly and actually against CODE! (see photo). The last straw was when I sat down on one of the chairs and nearly cracked my head open because the back was completely detached from the seat (see photo). The door jam in the bathroom, which was poorly nailed in, fell off onto my chest/neck (with nails in it mind you). The staff was quite curt and not forthcoming or helpful when we couldn't get the door to work properly.

The only good thing about this place was the proximity to downtown, but come on, it's Leadville... you can't GET that far from downtown.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank clarehegg
mtpeaks, Owner at Mountain Peaks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

I do not receive any complain from this costumer.
The guest stay two nights at my motel .If you do not like the room you stay, why not take the refund and go to another place. Costumer can check the room before check in and can cancel the reservation if do not like the motel.

There are newer reviews for Mountain Peaks Motel

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My grandma's house is over 100 years old, and it in ten times better condition. No wonder the photo of this place is at night, and the only way you can tell something is in the picture is because of the lights. They don't want you to see it!!!! One flush of the toilet , and there was water running all over the floor. Yikes!! I said screw this, and called Best Western in Beuna Vista, yeah I know, another 50 miles away, but it was worth it!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juujuubean
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I believed the positive previous review and discounted the poor review... when we pulled up in front of the place, I almost made my husband turn around to find another hotel. I commented, "No wonder they don't have a photo of the exterior on their website!". I remembered the positive review and thought "let's not judge a book by its cover...maybe it just looks shabby on the outside". Nope! Not much better on the inside: torn linoleum, stained carpet, tiny little TV. I asked for a room with a queen bed - we got it! Plus a twin bed and another queen! I moved the chair that was by my bedside to have more room... there was a pile of debris under it. The visible surfaces seemed clean enough, as did the bedding. We checked in around 8:30 pm and got up around 4 am to go hike Mt. Huron; so all we needed was a place to sleep and it served our purposes. There's no air conditioning, but with the window open, it was comfortable (and there was very little overnight traffic so it was quiet). There was a lock on the door knob; the chain lock, however, was broken. At check in we did receive complimentary tooth paste, craisins and razors!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank saintsrus
Reviewed June 1, 2011

For half the price of the Super 8 ($40 vs. $80), we weren't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised, though, thanks to the cleanliness of the facilities, the generous check-in/out times, and the outright comfort. We'd stay here again - sure, you don't get free breakfast and the toiletries are limited, but when you're saving $40/night, who cares?! This place is not a dump - it is clean, and the owners are trying to keep a nice, clean establishment.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank novus744
Reviewed September 8, 2008

The place was pretty dumpy. Old and smelled of strong air freshner.
Bad or no toiletries provided.
Super small towels and stiff.
NO hairdryers provided.
Walls very thin, could hear the neighbors and their TV's.
Located off a curb on the main road, could hear the loud trucks going by all night.

Clean.
Did have a fridge and microwave.
Very cheap $55 a night.

Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank marichip
margines, Owner at Mountain Peaks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2010

Don't identify a guest by name or other characteristics.
The rate for one person is $40.00 and two persons is $45.00

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leadville
Delaware Hotel
#5 of 8 in Leadville
Columbine Inn & Suites
Columbine Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Leadville

Been to Mountain Peaks Motel? Share your experiences!