“Best food in Leadville so far”

Tennessee Pass Cafe
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Leadville
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just was there on 12-1 with my family. Chose it just to try something different and we were pleasantly surprised. All 3 meals were excellent. Definitely will be going back...I'm temporarily moving there, so probably will be making several visits. My wife mentioned that it was here new favorite restaurant, which means we will be making a 2 1/2 hour drive to go back once I move back home. Staff was very friendly...hung my son's art on the wall when he asked. He was so proud of that.

There are newer reviews for Tennessee Pass Cafe

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We chose this restaurant for lunch because of good Trip Adviser reviews and were really disappointed. The waiter was friendly and accommodating, but the food was just not good. From the iced tea I first ordered (so bad I couldn't even finish it), to the grilled ham and cheese sandwich (bread was just warm, but barely grilled at all...not enough to even have a little brown color), and then there was the side salad with the obviously old and browning lettuce leaves... very unappetizing). My husband had a sandwich on pita bread. The pita bread was so stale that it broke apart when folded. He ended up leaving the bread and just eating the filling. In all of our 10 days of travel through CO, this was the only really bad restaurant experience we had.

1  Thank Peggy625
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is not food that is going to change your world, but is is tasty and the presentation is way above what you would expect for a little hole in the wall in Leadville.

Great spot to stop for your journey home.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to eat in Leadville and, being off season, at lot of the restaurants had closed up for the evening. We took a chance on the Tennessee Pass Café and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and a good selection of locally brewed beer. Mmm-Mmm!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Chose it for it's funky look, and sat in the sun overlooking the window flower boxes. Would return again for the hearty lasagna loaded with meat & spinach. Service a bit uneven, but friendly.