“Great Experience Here!”

The Cow Palace Inn/ Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lamar
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had read negative reviews about this hotel so I was not expecting much but I hosted my mothers 75th Birthday party here and invited 43 people. The space was gorgeous, the rooms were clean and beds were comfy and the food was very good and I'm pretty picky! Don't believe the negative reviews, find out for yourself!

Room Tip: Upstairs view of the pool was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelguruforu

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for the past few weeks for business. The only reason I didn't give them a 5 star review is because the internet never worked. They keep saying that its fixed but everyone I knew that stayed there also said that they never had access to the web. I had yet to go to hotel that couldn't get this kind of issue nipped in the bud quickly until this one. Otherwise this is a good place to stay. The beds are nice and the rooms are what you would expect at any major hotel chain. Don't let the name of the place throw you off. I'll stay there again when I come back only if the internet works.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Grant S
DAT52, Owner at The Cow Palace Inn/ Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for your recent review. We are very saddened that the internet problem had not been solved during your stay. We have had a couple different IT companies take a look at the system and finally have found out the problem and the answer. We had two routers that were fighting each other and now that has been resolved. We truly hope that you will give us another chance as your mentioned - the internet will be strong and fast. Our remodel has been a huge learning experience and we hope there will be more changes to your liking when you come again.
The Ice Cream Palace is up and we would like to have you try it out on us.
Thank you again for your comments. We take all comments very seriously. We want to improve and be what our guests expect of us.
Lee and Doug, owners.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hotel room smelled awful, like it hadn't been occupied in a long time. Very musty. Towels seemed damp. Lobby is nice, but it doesn't reflect the quality of the rooms. You had to pay for a decent breakfast. Next time we'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank thekar
DAT52, Owner at The Cow Palace Inn/ Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Sorry to hear about your room experience. I'm wondering if you called the front desk to have you moved to another room? I asked our staff and they didn't recall getting any calls about a musty room or anybody calling to be moved. I would please ask you to call management first to help solve your issues instead of giving negative feedback on-line. I can't help you if you don't let me, and your comfort is my top priority as I am the owner. Please call me immediately so that we may discuss your issues. My number is 719-336-7753. Thank you so much and I look forward to your call. Doug

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Lamar is a nice town & seems to be a place where many people stop overnight while on business trips, as I did. Stayed there for a few days and the internet never worked. Was told by the lady at the front desk that their IT guy was on it multiple times...nothing ever happened. Judging by other reviews this seems to be a constant problem that they may be avoiding fixing to save money. I spent a few hours at McDonald's down the road using their Wifi. Other than that this is a nice place to stay. Will stay there again when I'm back for business if internet works, otherwise I'm checking into a more "business friendly" hotel across the street. Updated rooms, nice TV's and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven W
DAT52, Owner at The Cow Palace Inn/ Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

We as owners of the Cow Palace Hotel want to thank you for taking the time to post a review on our property. We appreciate you acknowledging the great sleeping - we are excited about the all new top of the line Eurotop mattresses that we purchased for the comfort of our guests. Our housekeeping staff try very hard to make sure the rooms are comfortable and clean and as we finish up the remodel each room will have a facelift new carpet, etc. We are glad that you enjoyed that part of your stay.
We honestly realize that wifi is a very important to our guests among which are business men like yourself or others who require the internet at all times. We actually have offices in our Hotel where the internet is very necessary. We were and are in the process of upgrading the entire wifi system/internet in each room to the very top of the line and fastest speeds that will give speedy and clear reception at all times. This has been a more complicated process than our local IT people realized in the beginning and slow shipping of parts has complicated the matter. However we are incrementally getting it handled and since your stay have installed a brand new router and other electronics that have repaired this problem. We hope you will indeed stay with us again and enjoy the new system.
Thank you again for taking your time and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My brother my sister and I spent the night of the 4th of July at the Cow Palace. We were there to attend a funeral. I must say the signs were there from the minute we walked in the building. My sister started coughing and the smell was very stale. The room smelled musty and moldy and the blanket and towels felt damp and smelled bad. The carpet was very dirty and in the bathroom we only had 2 towels. The Tissue paper holder had less than a quarter roll of paper and the facial tissue box was empty. The bathroom door didn't close completely, the clock in the room was an hour behind, I don't know when was the last time anyone had been in that room. Breakfast was a joke. I was told I could have a danish or a bagel. I won't be visiting the Cow Palace again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Connie C

Hi,
We are very sad to hear of your recent experience in our Hotel. As you know we are currently doing an extensive remodel and we are very very concerned that your room was so subpar. We are surprised that you did not have a great nights sleep - the mattresses are all brand new throughout the Hotel and are the top of the line Eurotop mattresses. These are far above the basic Hotel standards that are usually purchased for Hotels. We want our guests to have a wonderful night's sleep. We have our maintenance and housekeeping staff on notice to correct the problems that you encountered. Would you please be so kind as to call us so that we can address your statements and hopefully get you to try us again in the future. Please call 303-929-7900 and ask for Doug. We take your feedback very seriously.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Bed was comfortable. A musty odor at first. They are under some remodel work, so have to give them a little slack. "free" breaksfast was a joke. A cold, dry baegle. Of course you could order off the menu, which our friends did for a $3.00 discount. They did get a lot of food for their money. Staff are friendly. Room really needs to be updated. Carpet worn and torn. It is an ok place, but might look at other options as well.

Room Tip: They are doing some remodeling, so by 2013 it might be better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Don S

Thank you very much for your recent feedback of our Hotel. We are as you know doing a very extensive remodel and while all is not done - the carpet to be the very last of course - we are making headway and your comments support that. We want to invite you back and once again be our guests and see what we have accomplished and enjoy the new Espresso Bar and Ice Cream Palace. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Poised at the edge of town, the Cow Palace Inn/Rodeway Inn has enjoyed an extensive restoration. Rooms are clean and spacious. Service is friendly, as it was in the old days. Best of all, the food was excellent!
A bit of unique, local color is the beautiful floor of polished marble in the entrance featuring brands.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends