“A Hotel That Feels Like Home !”
Review of Blue Spruce Motel

Blue Spruce Motel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lamar
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been staying here for about 5 years, whenever I am in Lamar.. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. I have not seen them for several years, and they have gone through a few different managers. The most recent managers, Jeff and his wife, have been very nice. Lamar hotels, for some reason, have had expensive rates for a town this size. There is a college here, but it is not a tourist town. The Blue Spruce has always given me a great weekly rate. I have been loyal to them as a result of this. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The furniture is different than most hotels , which give the rooms class. It is located on main street, close to several restaurants. The rooms are cleaned daily which is becoming rare on weekly rates. The internet reception is excellent and recently they have put in new carpet. Parking is great, with space available in front of your room. I recommend this hotel to my employees, and I will continue to stay here when I come to Lamar, which is about every two months.
All in all, it is the best value in Lamar.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Blue Spruce Motel

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Booked our room online. Upon check in a frisoend of our had a room with 3 queen beds. The front desk clerk said it was fine to stay in their room and that they would give our room to the next customer. She stated it would not be a big deal because it was a busy weekend and the room would be taken. The clerk reassured us that we would not be billed since we never cheked in and everything would be fine. Stayed 2 nights. Clean rooms, nothing negative. Not sure about the breakfast because we were up and out before breakfast both mornings.
2 weeks later as I am going over my bank statement they billed me for a room that I never stayed in after the front desk said that we would not. The owners rufused to refund our money because they have a 2 day cancellation policy. Their employee lied (or was undertraind and not aware of the policy) about us not being charged. I am fine with the policy but not ok with being told that we would not be billed and then get billed.
If you want a nice clean room with shady owners and untrained staff than this is the place for you. If you want a nice clean room with staff that knows what they are doing and owners who care, DO NOT STAY HERE. We will not be back and do not reccomend a stay here to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank L H
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This a wonderful place to lodge in Lamar Colorado. Although, the decor is older, this motel more than makes up for this with comfortable beds, a quiet environment and excellent service. The Innkeepers are extremely friendly, helpful and willing to provide information about the town and the surrounding area. They provide a nice continental breakfast and a warm morning greeting upon check out! Definitely a highly recommended lodging.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My siblings and I all stayed here in early 2011 (I know, not terribly recent) but it was such a wonderful stay, I wanted ot review it none the less. The family that runs the property is so kind and thoughtful. They even gave us the newspaper with our granddad's obituary in it (we never told them his name, they pieced it together).

It is extremely clean and well run. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I came through Lamar in mid June and stayed at the Blue Spruce. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was so clean and the bathrooms were spotless. Traveled through again in late July specificity that route so I could be assured to have a clean room to stay. The managers, Jeff and Ann are the best. Ladies, if you are traveling alone, it is a VERY SAFE PLACE. Keep in mind it is an older place, bet well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank txmaryd
lamarcolorado, Manager at Blue Spruce Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest

We are glad that you were happy with your stay at our property and thank you for choosing our property for your stay. We will make sure we continue the trend of having happy and satisfied customers.

Regards
Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Blue Spruce may have been built in the 1950's but the owners have done a wonderful job in updating it. It was very clean and the room was spacious. Little touches like the poster beds just added to the experience. The owners are friendly and good hosts.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gkrafft
Reviewed July 2, 2013

saw it on trip advisor and thought we'd take a chance ; gald we did. this is an older place that the current owners are bringing up to date. the owners are good people. the place is reasonable and the rooms are clean and amazingly well appointed. only draw back was the squeaking floors but that was very minor.swimming pool. would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: i can vouch for room 20