All reviewsoutdoor poolin townaffordable roomtwo queen bedsnothing fancystay there againmotelkitchenettepetretrocoloradolinenscerealac
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed one night in this Motel and found it a very nice place it was very neat and the owners were very friendly. While checking in the owner told me some of the event that were going on in town. We went and checked out the BBQ contest and walked downtown and looked at the train station that was also a welcome center. If we find our selfs back in Lamar we would stay again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

So what if this place it a bit old fashioned? It is clean and secure. The showers are good and the room is equipped with refrig and microwave. Would I stay again? Absolutely ! And I would recommend to anyone who wants to save money and still have good accommodations

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was our second visit to the Blue Spruce and the updating to this old-fashioned motel is appreciated. The well-kept rooms are far enough back from the highway to be quiet. The beds are comfy. There's plenty of hot water and water pressure is fine. We travel with two dogs and there are lots of areas for them to stretch their legs. It's no four-star hotel but just fine for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed in a large family room. It's not always easy to find a family room for a couple with 3 kids, but this fitted the bill perfectly. Very comfortable. Nice bathroom. Friendly owner (from England, like us!) Breakfast was good. All in all, a good experience.

Room Tip: I recommend the family room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had a few problems the first week I was here, the owner arived and solved all the problems and moved me to a new room, that works great for me. They have great rates for extended stay and they have a play ground to keep the kids entertained. They are pet friendly and the parking is GREAT!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business