$102
$60
$45
$70
$65
All reviewsoutdoor poolin townaffordable roomtwo queen bedsnothing fancystay there againmotelkitchenetteretrocoloradolinenscerealac
Reviewed September 1, 2012

It is an old hotel. I stayed here for an extended stay and found no problems. It's very basic, but is right next to restaurants and shopping. The bathrooms are tiled in the 1950's style and the tubs are not very deep, if you like to take tub baths this may put you off. There is a playground area out front and it looked like a pool in the summer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank sassytraveler16
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had two rooms the nights of 8-10 & 11, 2012. Rooms were clean, linen was clean, AC worked fine in 100 degree weather. Easy access off main street, large parking area that accomodated our truck & trailer. Reasonable room prices. Our check-in was cordial. We will stay there again next trip to Lamar.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank globalkooler
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Firstly, the air conditioner was broken so with 100+ degree weather and an infant that was unacceptable, we asked the manager to fix the ac unit and he jerry rigged it because "the knobs are $15 and I don't want to pay for them." The sheets were filthy with black marks on the pillow cases and cigarette burns on the comforters. There was also a bug infestation! We kindly asked to check out early and agreed to pay half of the original price of the room when the owner himself ran our credit card for the FULL amount cheating and lying to our face after agreeing to charge only half of the cost! Only stay here if you want a cheap room with defective utilities and bugs with lying and cheating management!

• Stayed: July 2012
10  Thank Jess3912
BlueSpruceMotelLamar, General Manager at Blue Spruce Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Guest booked for 3 nights, 4 person and 1 dog. Checked in for only 1 night, 5 Person+baby and 2 Dogs - Well this was not a problem, though she tried to hide extra person and dogs at first.
Since it was reservation, we had alreay kept the AC on and room was cool considering 102 outside. Guest/Kids broke dials and asked me to come with plier, I said knobs cost $15, and I will replace them and not charge you. She insisted I go with plier (something we don't do) I set the AC again on Full Cool, they were happy. Next day at 3pm ( check out time 11am) they said their friend in town can accomodate them and don't need the room, so we said you have to pay for the another day's rent. Not Happy ofcourse. Came to office at 4pm and said - AC was too cool in the morning so we(guest) changed to air and left it there till 4pm - and now wanted the room cool in 5 minutes when outside temp was 105. So now wanted to checkout and didnot want to pay. We insisted that 4pm check out does not qualify for free room, and must pay full rent. She wanted to pay only little and we said it will be full day's rent. Gave one card - declined, gave another card - declined, gave third card went through and was not happy to see full day's rent as they found a place to stay for free with friend. Even before she paid for another day's rent she was swearing, banging my doors, threatening with bad reviews in paper, chamber etc etc etc. Guest (Lady) was so RUDE at one time we were afraid for our safety and almost dialed for cops.
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD FOR YOUR OWN NEEDS, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT GO OUT AND LOOK FOR FREE STUFF.

Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were clean and the bathroom had retro (clean) pink tiles - cool. The owner was super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our one night there. If you want something with personality, this is it.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Ontheroadjjz
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Well I must say I travel 4 days a week in 4 states and I was pleasantly surprised when I got my room here. The room is awesome for the price. You have a full couch, kitchen with everything you need.Great deal for anyone traveling in my opinion!

Room Tip: all rooms have great internet speed.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business