$65
$90
$93
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$102
$89
Chek Inn(Lamar)(Great Value!)
$58
$70
$45
$65
All reviewsoutdoor poolin townaffordable roomtwo queen bedsnothing fancystay there againmotelkitchenetteretrocoloradolinenscerealac
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were clean and the bathroom had retro (clean) pink tiles - cool. The owner was super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our one night there. If you want something with personality, this is it.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Ontheroadjjz
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Well I must say I travel 4 days a week in 4 states and I was pleasantly surprised when I got my room here. The room is awesome for the price. You have a full couch, kitchen with everything you need.Great deal for anyone traveling in my opinion!

Room Tip: all rooms have great internet speed.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John R
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Old motel, old furniture, dirty, TV remote broken, desk chair leg falling off, lamp shades falling apart, coffee pot broken, closet door missing, could feel every spring in the mattress, no cover over kitchen window and had to go through kitchen to get to bath, thin towels....Windows so dirty that you couldn't see out, dirty dish drainer in kitchen....We reserved for three nights and checked out after one...Had to lean into the door to lock it....Mid service just opened the door and walked in without knocking first....Sorry, can't see what others see in this place.....I can say that the owners are very courteous and helpful, but need to improve the place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
10  Thank Pat G
lamarcolorado, Manager at Blue Spruce Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Yes, this is an old property and we never claimed that this is new. So it is unfair to compare it with newly built franchises. But our property is well maintained and we make sure everything is in proper working order. Still it is difficult to satisfy personal needs of each individual guests in general.

To answer the complaint, Nothing was broken or dirty. We had guest before and after and no one has reported any such issues. After receiving the review we asked the new guest about such problems and he specifically told us that everything is fine.

Guest did not report any issuse to us while they were here. Anyone would have complained if remote or chair is broken. All door locks are at standard height.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Blue Spruce is my home away from home when I travel from Arizona to Lamar to watch my son play baseball at the college. The property is old, but well maintained and clean and located right by the college. I can count on courteous service and basic breakfast for a very reasonable price. It is a welcome change in today's world of overpriced hotels.

Room Tip: My last two stays, I was given room 125. It has a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dlc60
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We are a family of 5. They offered us a large room with three beds. It was a very large room and the entire place is very well kept. There was a play area for the kids. There was a basic but diverse breakfast including boiled eggs, packaged rolls, cereal and fruit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family