All reviewsoutdoor poolin townaffordable roomtwo queen bedsnothing fancystay there againmotelkitchenettepetretrocoloradolinenscerealac
Reviewed June 15, 2011

At the Blue Spruce Motel you will not find trendy faucets or the latest neutral decor. What we did find was an immaculately clean large room with two comfortable queen beds, a desk and table, a mini fridge and microwave; pink ceramic tub, toilet, and sink from years gone by and a comforatble squeek in the floor. It was more than adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: Our room was near the back and was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvt0teach
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I live in Central Texas and my daughter lives in Northern CO so this is the perfect place to stop after a long day of driving.
I have been staying at this hotel, several times a year, every year since 2007. I did stay at another hotel on the other side of town but when they change management I changed hotels. I am so glad I made the move. The family that run the Blue Spruce are so nice and always ask about my daughter when I am checking in. I love the care I get as a woman traveling alone. They make me feel like family!
This is a great place to stay..in fact I will be calling them for a reservation this weekend!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We chose this hotel after reading the glowing Trip Advisor reviews. We are now left wondering if they were joking, or friends of the owners. If you have any sensitivity to smoke, do not stay here. Non smoking rooms are strongly scented of smoke, and some sort od air freshener that is attempting to hide it. You can hear the road easily. It does have a kitchen, bathroom and wifi ( and people cooking on bbq's in the parking lot). If you are looking to save money, keep driving or stay near Denverr. If you are looking for somewhere you feel safe, clean and comfortable in Lamar, pay the extra$40 and stay elsewhere. Before you think I'm negative and won't say anything positive about hotels, understand I will rank all the other hotels we've stayed at this trip very high and suggest people stay. This is not new, it is not refurbished or renovated since the 70's,it is not a wonderful family place (the doors lock with a sticky key, only on the bottom - there is no deadbolt to unlock from the outside) and it is not recommended. If you are staying here, I recommend stopping by the liquor store on your way and splurging the money you save staying here on booze to help you sleep!

• Stayed: March 2011
12  Thank Newfukie2
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Very clean! Best price you'll find anywhere with excellent quality. Only down-side is pillows are rock hard, so bring your own.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2011

This is our family's second stay at the Blue Spruce. The rooms are very clean, spacious and warm! It was below 0 while we were there and it was so comforting to come into a warm and cozy room each night. They have free wifi, coffee, microwave and fridge. The owners were so gracious to us each time and I will never stay anywhere else when I am in the area. And you can't beat the price. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family