“Good!”

Thai Spicy Basil
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Lamar
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a long day's drive, this place was perfect. Good food and a pleasant environment. The food lacked any "spice" but I think that is to cater to the tastes of the local population. Each table had a bottle of siracha (sp?) hot sauce which I used liberally. I totally enjoyed my meal. Only thing that could have made it better would be the ability to have a drink.

1  Thank Gailmo

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant on a recommendation from a couple of the locals. First, the waitress accompanied me to the bathroom, but opted out of washing her hands after she was finished relieving herself. Next, the food was terrible. It had almost no flavor, and what flavor it had was terrible. The pad thai amounted to ramen noodles with soy sauce and the panang curry was thin and flavorless. The spring rolls were edible, but were mainly shredded lettuce and rice noodles wrapped in rice paper. As we dined, the waitress and her son alternated taking naps at nearby tables and eating watermelon with their unwashed fingers. We ended up boxing up our food, but decided to throw it away as soon as we got home. This was one of the worst dining experiences either of us have ever had, I would vehemently discourage anyone from subjecting themselves to this restaurant.

2  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had heard the food here was good. I ordered Phad Thai. The dish should have been called "Salty Noodles," in no way did it taste anything like Phad Thai. Service was not friendly. Travel there on business often and I won't return to this restaurant.

1  Thank SassyRat
Reviewed April 17, 2013

food was average but the service was bad. "Starters" came out after main course which was too salty.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

While stopping over in Lamar CO for the night, we had diner at the Thai Spicy Basil. The service was prompt, and the food was fresh and flavorful. However, the staff wasn't at all warm and welcoming - just cooly polite. Nevertheless, for dinner in a small town while traveling through, I recommend it highly.