“Too new to be this "old"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Lamar
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Too new to be this "old"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

As other have pointed out this must only meet the minimum requirements to be a Holiday Inn Express. I know it is only a few years old, but it has the feeling of a old rundown motel. The heater came on every 15 minutes even though it was turned off. To keep the freight train sound from waking me up I had to run the heater constantly all night.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one that has been CLEANED; my first room was unmade with the bed spread thrown on...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Ratchiburi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

As someone who likes Holiday Inn Express hotels, this one in is at the bottom of the stack. Not only was there NEVER a person to greet you or talk to at the front desk, but when someone did show up they were wearing T shirts, hoodies, and jeans. okay so maybe a name tag was the only thing that they had from the hotel. The front desk attendant was always watching TV in the food area and took her time coming to check me in. I wasn't greeted with a 'good evening' or Hi how can I help you.. NOTHING. So from that aspect I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I know Lamar and the area well and this is just the standard in the area. Get by. Don't ever exceed expectations. So with all that said, pick another place or just plane and simply drive more to get to a better hotel.

By the way... the cost of this hotel, Way OVER PRICED. look at the other hotels...no one is near this price point at all. very expensive for the Lamar area and for a holiday inn express.. Cinnamon rolls weren't even that good..

Room Tip: Do not stop in Lamar...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
15 Thank ThunderDan1138
Lusia L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
We thank you for staying with us and do apologize for any problems you had while you were with us. We do apologize if the front desk staff members did not greet you in the way they should have, that is not the way we take care of our guest. Our staff does wear a uniform of black slacks and a green button-up shirt. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and hope you would stay with us again.
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

From some the previous reviews, we were a bit anxious about staying here. However, the check-in was uneventful and pleasent other than the typical interuptions extending the process somewhat (phone calls, guest complaining etc.). My special requests from my reservation were acknowledged and granted. A daily newspaper was provided but not much other information (had to call back to the desk for the wireless code...but it did work flawlessly).
The room rate seemed a bit above average for the area ($123+ with corp rate yet) probably because of lack of competition. It was tastefully decorated and spacious but for some odd reason the chair and ottoman were pushed back against the wall (and unmatched) and the floor lamp was not plugged in (cord was tightly wound as though it was brand new?). Linens and towels were clean and adequate.
Exercise room and equipment were well maintained as was the business center. Breakfast was the typical, mostly unhealthy foods (cinnimon rolls were freshly baked, beautiful and tasty... providing enough temptation for me to fall off of my diet!). Orange Juice machine was not operating.

Room Tip: Request the top (third) floor to avoid a lot of noise from guests walking above you.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank GeorgeTX
Lusia L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
I want to thank-you for staying with us and I want to take this time to respond back to your review. I am glad you had a nice stay with us and am sorry that you had to get off your diet due to the cinnamin rolls. We take every guest as a top priority and making sure their stay was the best it can be. I appreciate you staying with us and next time we will try to make your check-in time more cumbersome. Until next time...

Rachel Flores, Front Dest Manager
Vernon, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Great staff. Great and spacious rooms. Clean room and maid service is very polite. Great customer service. All the staff is more than welcome to help your stay be very pleasant. I would stay here for months. Oh never mind I am. lol

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

My son was geting married in Lamar, Co. so I called Hotel in April to let them know we would be needing several rooms for wedding to be held first weekend in August. Called back in May and told them how many rooms the wedding party would need and for how many nights and guarateed rooms with my credit card. Went to wedding shower in July and stoped by hotel just to check on arrangements. They had me down for rooms for Friday Night but not for Saturday night (the night of the Wedding). Went back the day after shower to check on rooms and they still did not have me rooms for Saturday night. Called back again prior to the Wedding to check on rooms. Checked in on Friday for five rooms and made sure that they had 7 room reserved for me for Saturday night all on my credit card. One of the rooms I had reserved for Saturday night was for the Bride and Groom. I told the front desk that they would be checking in late that evening. When the wedding and dance was over I went back to the hotel to get the room key for the Bride and Groom and they had gave the room away!! They did not have any other rooms so I had to move my sister into the room with her son so the Bride and Groom could have a room. Was told they would not charge my sister since she had to move rooms in the middle of night. Which they did not do. She received bill for room. Can't believe they gave room away for the Bride and Groom that was guaranted with credit card and was told it would be late arrival. Had several friend and other family members that stayed both night. They made a lot of money off us and gave us no service!! Several of the rooms did not have towels or shower curtains.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
17 Thank vickster59
Lusia L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
We apologize for taking a long time for responding back, we deeply apologize for the complications that happen when you stayed with us. We know what happen to you and your family was unreasonable and difficult to deal with. We understand the difficulty of your reservations and we sincerely apologize for everything that happened to you and your family. Again we are very sorry for the experience you had during your stay.
Wichita Falls Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Saturday August 6th. There were several flies in the lobby But we didn't know that was the least of our worries. Our room had cleaning supplies left in it. When I called the front desk to let them know we didn't have tissues, bath towels or a shower curtain, I was asked to bring the cleaning supplies to the front desk and then I could pick up my missing supplies. I told the desk clerk I wasn't in any hurry and an hour or two later we still did not have our stuff.
At 11:30 pm. We heard someone try to use their key to get in our room. We opened the door to find out that they had been given our room number. We were thankful that their keys did not work! Then, at midnight our phone rang. It was the front desk clerk calling to see if our room was occupied! Thankfully we were still up. If we had been wakened we would not have been too pleased! I think this hotel has serious management and employee issues. I did find one competent employee. She was mopping the floor, but when I asked about their WiFi service she showed me how it worked and was she was very kind and helpful.

The rooms are nice and spacious and the breakfast was good but I think they should do more to prevent flies
Management needs an overhaul!

• Stayed August 2011
12 Thank CometoTexasYall
We like to thank you for staying with us, and apologize for the inconvenience that was caused on you and your family. That is not the way we treat our guest and are very sorry for everything you went though while you were with us at the hotel. We would like to see you again and hope you give us other chance.
Pryor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

No internet service, flies in the lobby and in the room, filthy elevator. I called the phone number for internet support in the room, but they refused to help, would only speak to hotel manager. Called the desk 3 times, Holiday Inn customer service once, no help. Hotel desk people are very nice, but know nothing about the hotel internet. Manager refused refund.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
19 Thank xpda
Thank you for staying with us, we understand the inconvenience and apologize for everything that you went though. We know the flies were very bad that year and do apologize for that; we hope to see you again.